Holiday Certificate from Current Employer

Dear Users, I have accepted a new opportunity in Brussels. The new HR asks for holiday certificate from the previous employer. When I contact with HR of the previous employer, I was told that as I was not a local hire but hired in India and on assignment in Belgium, I will not have a holiday certificate issued.
I was not on the dual payroll system, and I had the one year Belgium contract with local payroll with my previous employer.

Is this the way it is? And does anyone know what is the loss or consequence for me to not have this certificate?

Many Thanks.

Zabi

From what your employer states, your holiday policy is the one your company follows in India.

Your new employer wants the holiday certificate to carry over any unused days from your previous employer. If you dont give one you will not have any holiday days to carry over. You will start fresh in the Belgian system.

I'm in same situation as Zabi1983. I currently work for an Indian employer & get 20 days of holidays per year plus 1 day credited every month. 32 Days in total.

I'm joining a Belgian employer soon. I've utilised only around 10 days of holidays this year with my Indian employer. How can I avail the rest when I join a new Belgian employer ?

Is there any specific format to get a holidays certificate from current employer ? If I don't provide any documents, does it mean that I'll not get any holidays next year from my Belgian employer ?

Any insights regarding this would be of great help !

Thanks !

rajpnr wrote:

I'm in same situation as Zabi1983. I currently work for an Indian employer & get 20 days of holidays per year plus 1 day credited every month. 32 Days in total.

I'm joining a Belgian employer soon. I've utilised only around 10 days of holidays this year with my Indian employer. How can I avail the rest when I join a new Belgian employer ?

Is there any specific format to get a holidays certificate from current employer ? If I don't provide any documents, does it mean that I'll not get any holidays next year from my Belgian employer ?

Any insights regarding this would be of great help !

Thanks !

Can anyone please help on this ?

You cannot carry over your Indian employers holidays to your new Belgian employer.

Aneesh wrote:

You cannot carry over your Indian employers holidays to your new Belgian employer.

Thank you for the response Aneesh !

I understood from multiple forums that 20 days is the legal holidays in Belgium per year but it always depends on number of working days in previous year.

If I join a new job with Belgian Employer by end of this year, what could be the maximum number of legal holidays I can avail next year (Jan-Dec 2020) in that case ?  Should I submit any specific proof for the same ?

Hi every one,

I have the same situation  , except that my previous employee is an Belgian company.

i think this website can help

https://www.socialsecurity.be/citizen/n … #more-info

Hello, I have worked for an Irish company but my contract was Belgian, now I work for a Belgian company and they ask me for a vacation certificate for the year 2022, I have gone to the RJV website to see my vacation for the year 2022 but it says that I am not an employee, so that there isnt any certificate. I don't know what to do, can you guide me on this issue? Thank you

Hello, I have worked for an Irish company but my contract was Belgian, now I work for a Belgian company and they ask me for a vacation certificate for the year 2022, I have gone to the RJV website to see my vacation for the year 2022 but it says that I am not an employee, so that there isnt any certificate. I don't know what to do, can you guide me on this issue? Thank you
-@Javier Delgado Jimenez

You could ask your previous employer a certificate that shows your holiday account. They normally give this to you when you leave the company and this is enough for the new employer HR.

@aneesh are you obliged by the belgian law to provide the new employer with your holiday certificate from your previous employer?

Both my new and old employers are belgian companies