Menu
Expat.com

Travel insurance

Last activity 17 November 2022 by phildraper

phildraper

I understand I need health insurance for the visa but was wondering if I should take out a single trip travel insurance as this will cover me for the 1st 100 days on a single visit and also belongings. I can arrange the health insurance start to coincide with the visa application. Is this what everyone else has done?

MacGeorge8035

@phildraper I put the health insurance I needed for my immigration appointment to start the day I arrived in Cyprus. 

phildraper

OK thanks. Did you travel without any other insurance?

Toon

Ghic would cover first 90 days for emergency treatment as a tourist ..but it's no replacement for travel insurance

MacGeorge8035

@phildraper that was the only insurance I had. I did have my EHIC as well just in case.

Toon

Probably best to have the insurance as residency appointment and application will more than likely take longer

phildraper

I am finalising the health insurance after getting some quote and picking myself up from the floor lol

Firehorse66

Who did you insure with? - I also need to sort out by January

phildraper

My company health cover is with Freedom Health. I have obtained quotes from other suggested companies in Cyprus, and they are comparable. However, as I have been in the company scheme for many years my previous medical history is ignored any new provider would exclude that. If you are looking for cover and have not had any before then the suggestions Toon gave all responded quickly and were competitive.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Cyprus

All of Cyprus's guide articles