Are waiters considered skilled workers in Norway?

Hi all! Are waiters considered skilled workers in Norway? I just dont understand UDI's definitions, so can anyone please tell me can a non EU citizen come to work in Norway as a waiter ? 🙈

@Nanana123 Unfortunately not, waiters arent considered a skilled worker. You can read more on skilled worker on the UDI website at https://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/skilled-worker/

@Maythe22nd Thank you

@Maythe22nd Thank you so much for the reply. I'm now wondering why in the politi they didnt tell me that I have no chance after I applied. They just told me to wait for an answer from UDI

@Nanana123 As from my experience its very hard to get proper information, not unless you've heard someone has gone through the same scenario. Or rather people shy off telling news, just so it might not turn out to be they gave you wrong information. Moving forward, theres an "Immigration to Norway" group on Facebook where you get fast hand information from other applicants. For any future doubts that you may have.

Checking the group right now. I cant thank you enough for replying as no one ever comments or gives any info. :))) all the best

@Maythe22nd Thank you so much for the reply. I'm now wondering why in the politi they didnt tell me that I have no chance after I applied. They just told me to wait for an answer from UDI
-@Nanana123

They have hundreds or thousands of cases, so they give a standard reply. This is pretty much the same response you will get from across the world at immigration offices.

@SimCityAT i understand. So basically now I'm waiting in Norway to be denied..

@Nanana123 I'm pretty sure it's not the job of the police to make judgements on individual cases- they check that the paperwork is complete and then forward it on for processing IME

@ECS

You are correct, the police will only accept your application papers regardless the situation. Wether they know or not know if you will be approved or not it's their obligation to accept all the papers. They cannot reject any applications because anyone have a right to try and apply.

@Nanana123 How do you go about this issue of Waiter offer in Norway. I have same issue right now. I have already submitted my application and I called UDI they said no visa for waiter position in Norway. I don't know if my employer can do something about it.

I applied through VFS, they never inform me that skilled work visa is not classified for waiter position. I checked UDI before I pay for my visa application fees. I hope they will refund my visa application fees.

https://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/skilled-worker/

that's the link of their website that tries to explain what a skilled worker is. It's your duty to familiarise yourself with all that has to do with the visa category you would be applying for. I doubt they will refund your visa application fee in a case your application is rejected. I doubt there is any country in the world who refunds visa application fee in cases of rejection.

Best of luck in your application.

@Nanana123 any update about your case please, Im at the same situation

@Nanana123 any update about your case ???Im at the same situation