Menu
Expat.com

VISA start date

Last activity 30 December 2022 by AndyTT

AndyTT

Hi,

When issued a Saudi work visa in the UK which allows you to enter the country, I have been told it'll last for 90 days.

I can't seem to get a straight answer but does the visa actually last longer than that? For example, if I were to receive a visa today, would it expire after the 90 days, or does the 90 days only start from when you enter the country?

My worry is that for example I receive the visa today but can't leave for another 60 days which then only leaves me with a working visa that lasts 30 days. I hope that makes sense!

Can anyone shed any light on this please.

Thanks

Usman Rajput

@AndyTT when you will get a visa and everything is approved the 90 days will start whether you go after 60 days or 1 day they are counting so better to plan your stay then apply for visa but you can extend it if you have multiple entries visit visa by leaving kingdom it can be done by crossing Jordan border and entering again hope that helps

Yoginee

Hello Usman,

Thank you for sharing this information.

I hope that it helps AndyTT1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

AndyTT

@Usman Rajput

Thanks mate. Yes that answers my question. I'm worried now because I need to give 90 days notice in my current job in the UK but didn't really want to hand my notice in until my visa was accepted.

I didn't want to be left without a job if the visa was declined.

AndyTT

Just one more thing....

Is that 90 days just for me to get into the country?

What I was to enter the country on say the 80th day, does that mean my sponsor has 10 days to get me an iqama?

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles