Menu
Expat.com

New members of the Philippines forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Last activity 01 January 2024 by expander28

stuleer

Howdy everyone. I guess i posted first when joining and didn't really introduce myself. My name is Stu. I'm an American living in Hong Kong for 26 years. My wife is a Filipina from Cauayan. She lives with me in HK. We have a house in Cauayan and both come to the Philippines a few times a year to visit family and friends. We usually come for the Christmas and New Year holidays. My wife spends more time there. We both have full-time jobs in HK.

Moon Dog

@stuleer Welcome to the forum. I'm interested to see which bike you end up with. Your post rekindled my interest enough in the little 250 I've had my eye on that I went in and slapped 93 P1,000 notes on their desk and rode the bike home, and I thank you for that.

stuleer

cool..............good to hear you got it.

LadySkinnersPureNaturals

Hello all I am Lady Skinner looking to move to the Philippines sometime next year to Cebu I think.  Looking for a full gospel ministry and a beauty salon that specializes in Black hair care.

Moon Dog

@LadySkinnersPureNaturals Welcome to the forum. You should find everything you're looking for in a city the size of Cebu.

philisterLangat

hello everyone.

I am Philister  from Kenya and my  main objective in this group is to get business partners from Philippines.

Thank you.

Yoginee

Hello Philister,

Welcome to expat.com!

If you are looking for a business partner, you should try posting an advert in the Philippines classifieds section> Business partners.

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Slowdown23

@Julien

@Julien I am not sure if I was supposed to reply to your post directly but thank you for having me. I apologize if this is not in the right location. This is my first trip to the Philippines. I am going to experience the culture and see if this would be a viable place to retire. I have many questions. My primary question surrounds the topic of exploring the traditional culture of the Filipina women. I have heard the provinces are a wonderful spot. I am flying into Cebu in November (I have not yet booked, hoping to gain insight if that is a good time to travel there). I am 37 and would be looking to take it slow in getting to know a Filipina. I welcome private messages toward planning my trip and am happy to have found this forum. Thank you.

Moon Dog

Welcome to the forum, excellent introduction. I personally prefer the provinces and that is where I chose to retire. People accustomed to urban lifestyles generally prefer the cities.

avedisiandavid

@Julien Thank you....

still in the United States attempting to make relocation work!

avedisiandavid

@Julien Planned relocation to the Philippines prior to pandemic closing borders. May name is David, retired and on disability. Hoping to obtain SRRV but a few roadblocks.

Currently searching for information on procedures to find contractors who offer mortgage financing on condos. Fingers crossed!

jewlzee1

Hi all! I've been living in the Philippines for almost 5 years. Stumbled across this website and wanted to join to network and make new connections.

I'm here on a 13a visa and I also work here so I have some knowledge and experience under my belt LOL.

A word of advice.... you only get out what you put in. If you aren't clear in what you're asking you won't get clear responses  1f937.svg just saying

avedisiandavid

@jewlzee1 Thank you! I know that you are right. I have always been a full disclosure individual myself so I appreciate clear and full detailed inquiries.

CliffBG

Hello All,

I am a dual citizen, Filipino by birth, immigrated to Canada and receive my Canadian citizenship in my teens. I recently reclaimed my Filipino citizenship but have been living in Canada for over 30 years.

I am exploring splitting my time between the two countries. I am particularly interested in avoiding the colder months of Jan - March smile.png

I am looking for new connections in this forum as I want to get re-acquainted with the country.  Aside from having fun, I have an interest in exploring potential business opportunities and to also explore potential tax efficiencies, if any, by being a dual citizen.

While I grew up in Manila, I tend to prefer the more laid back rural areas. I enjoyed Batangas, Ilocos region and the Mountain Provinces  smile.png

Cheers!

mugteck

Welcome Cliff.  My wife and I also like to snowbirds in Ilocos Sur, having a house in Santa and also plan to spend some time later this year in Bagiou City.  There are a number of US, British and Canadians living in the area around Vigan.  Hope to see you this fall.

CliffBG

@mugteck Nice to meet you online.  I am familiar with the places you mentioned.  I do have some roots in Candon (Ilocos Sur) and Cabugao (Ilocos Sur) and I look forward to future interactions smile.png

lyannamori

@Julien hello everyone! it's nice to be a part of this awesome community1f60a.svg

Yoginee

Hello lyannamori,

Welcome to expat.com!

Since when have you been living in the  Philippines?

Don't hesitate to tell us a bit more about yourself1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Wellsfry

@lyannamori Hey Lyann... Nice to have you

Wellsfry

@Moon Dog  Hey Dog... What bike is that?  93,000 peso seams really cheap for a 250?

Moon Dog

@Wellsfry It is the Rusi Classic 250i. I like the bike, only a 250 but has a big bike feel and big tires. I have about 150 kms on it so I haven't opened it up but feels like it has plenty of power. It's fuel injected, 6 speed and has a 12 liter fuel tank. It also has dual disc brakes up front. I wasn't sure of the price in the video but I checked the receipt and I did pay P93K for the bike. It lists for P96K and there was a P3K discount at the time. Cost me about $1,720. Comes with a 13 month warranty and free oil changes and tune ups for life, but you have to buy the oil which is P250 per liter.

Where else can you get a hand written receipt on a piece of plain paper with the serial numbers of all 93 P1,000 bills written by hand on the back? Good thing I didn't pay for it with P100 notes, he would still be writing serial numbers. Any new guys who like bikes, this is a big bike in the Philippines. The fit and finish looks as good as a Honda to me, just hope it lasts half as long. They are a little hard to find in the province Rusi dealerships. Photo of the bike I bought at the dealer and the digital gauge. When I first looked at the photo of the speedo I thought the bike had 209 kms on it, but it turned out to be the clock, I just took the photo between colon flashes.

hUy97M.jpg

hUyCP4.jpg

Wellsfry

Nice look to it... And yes, a 250 is considered big... nothing like my Jackpot sitting in my shop back in Washington lol 😆... I have a Honda PCX (160) which I like ... but am craving a little more... lol.  I may have to go look at the Rusi shop... Nice Bike!  Enjoy!

GuestPoster357

@Moon Dog I saw the picture of your bike, I like it? The first thing I bought before I got out of highschool was a twin cylender 175 Honda scrambler in 1970, I believe the bike was a 1970 also. years later I bought a used 350 xl those were a heavy bike for their intended purpose. years later I bought a new one year old 1987 nighthawk 450. I finally sold it because I was too crazy on bikes. haha. who knows, I may look into getting one, but first I want to buy a pickup.

Wellsfry

@goldken51 My first was a Kawasaki 300(?)... good bike, but NOOO power... I remember having the throttle pegged most all the time... lol.... then I had 2 nighthawks(wrecked 1 of them looking at a girl walking down the road and rear ended a Cadillac!!)  Lol.... I've also had a Yamaha Radian (great bike... fastest 600 in the category for 1987), 3 Yamaha Virago's (a little 500, then a 750, then the 1100) then 3 Victory's (still have my Jackpot, and absolutely love it (and had 2 Vegas's before that... also great bikes).

stillbiker

@The Omega Man 66

Hallo Guten tag Ich bin Ruedi von Genf . Von wo bist du? MFG.

Yoginee

Hello The Omega Man 66,

Welcome to expat.com!

Feel free to interact with other members on the Philippines forum.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

irenegal2020

@jeisman590

I am Filipino NZ citizen and currently traveling in different countries, ***

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : This thread is only dedicated to the introduction of members. Please create an advert in the housing section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
fgarthon

@Julien well.welcome im not nee i just havent posted .My name is Garthon and i am.from a wonderful place.called Trinidad and Tobago .i use to work.on a cruise ship  and becausee there were many pinoys work there i decided to visit the Philippines. I have been living here for quite a while first i.live in Laguna. Then cagayan de oro .then buckidnon then Camiguen which inwould recomend every one should visit its really nice no crime .contact me if u wanna know more.Now i.am.working in Angeles city pampanga in a hotel..and just living day today i have several.plans but thats for.later. i.would.love to talk to any one who is interested to know about the life here in the Philippines.

pnwcyclist

Welcome to the forum, Garthon, nice to have you.

Thanks for the tip on Camiguin Island, I have heard it is very nice.

nonngratum

@Julien thank you for having me on your forum.

GuestPoster357

@RUBICON 4 EVER proof of divorce

GuestPoster357

Hola everyone!

I moved here in Cebu few months ago.

My Mum’s from here…anyway completely random, but hey why not and thanks for reading…

Thanks very much indeed

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Please do not promote your property on the forum. You are required to post an advert in the Housing in the Philippines section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Info Rebond

@Moon Dog    Hi !

my name is Philip , I am French

I want to settle down in Philippines  on november 23

I am a motorbiker for a very long ,long time........

I will be glad to meet You to Share riding and tip me on ¨Philippine's riding.

I plan to live in Manila, and you, where are you living?

all my best to you

Philip

Info Rebond

@Julien    Hi !

I am a "brand new user" of web sites

to introduce me I say that I want to come in Manila on november 23 for a very long stay and, who knows ,for

ever ?!!!....

so I need tips to succeed my  "settle down"in the place ,it is the reason I join this group

thank  a lot to welcome me!

all my best to you

Philip

Moon Dog

@Info Rebond Hello and welcome to the forum. I live on Biliran island which is provincial and far from Manila. Ride safe.

Aeta Tribe

Welcome to the forum! I hope you will enjoy it.

dickrock48

@Julien Can you tell me if Americans absolutely MUST have a health check to live and work in the Philippines? I am American and want to relocate there from Taiwan and want to know if you need a health check to get a work permit and visa to live there.

Thanks

Ted

dickrock48

@Julien Can you tell me, to live and work in the Philippines, do Americans or other Expats that want to get a work visa, absolutely have to get a health check?

Can you work there and live there without one?

Thanks

Ted

bigpearl

Welcome to the forum dickrock. I as an Aussie have worked here a couple of times, 6 month stints and my employer always looked after my work visa, never a health check ever.

Applying for a work visa at a personal level might be a different story and lots of requirements.

Always remember the policy here "Filipino first". If you can't offer expertise over and above the locals you will be on the back burner but as an SRRV holder you can apply to work here as well as a 13a visa, the SRRV and probably the SIRV require a medical but not difficult from what I read,,,, bit like yes he has a pulse.

The 13a I have no idea of the paperwork aside from a marriage certificate, others here will chime in.

Good luck.

Cheers, Steve.

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in the Philippines

All of the Philippines's guide articles