Menu
Expat.com

New members of the Vietnam forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Last activity 23 October 2023 by Aidan in HCMC

THIGV
@Julien
Hello everyone!

I'm a multi-skilled UK national looking for work in Vietnam with the intention to emigrate and earn citizenship for the long term.

Hanoi and Ha Long are Highly desired locations.Looking forward to making contacts and getting the ball rolling fast
-@markgolledge

You might want to investigate a little more before considering citizenship.   First of all Vietnam is very restrictive about who it will consider for citizenship.   I don't recall the exact words but you must do something considered an outstanding contribution to the nation.   Coach the national team to a World Cup championship and you should have a good chance.  1f60e.svg  Also as dual citizenship is not explicitly allowed, are you ready to give up your UK status?   Even if as a UK national you are not a full citizen, you are a UK protected person which is not a thing to give up without careful consideration.

finne

@kristishka Hi, good to know you. Are you more interested in being back in China or relocating to Vietnam?

Ansarah

@edwardclementsingh  Welcome you to Haiphong city

Eile

Hi Julien, i am also new to the Vietnam forum. However i have taught ESL in the North of vietnam . I am hoping to arrive in Vietnam at the end of Octobrr 2023 for inially one month but considering living somewhere in Vietnam. I have done a little research on the city of Da Nang its sound an affordable and close to beaches markets etc. How long have u lived in Vietnam?

Eileen

Bhavna

Hello Eile,

Welcome on board !

Please note that Julien is the founder of Expat.com and this is his welcome post. He is not based in Vietnam.

I would suggest that you open a new thread on the Vietnam forum so that members may guide and advise you.

All the best

Bhavna

Eile

Thank you 😊

MyGuess

Hello,

I've been here on and off a little over thirty years.

Initially for some work projects during the early 90's.

If i've not been working, I've lived here. Sai Gon, Vung Tau, Nha Trang, Phan Thiet.

Work in the energy industry; o&g, wind, hydro, one nuclear.

I take a project every now and then that interests me.

Enjoying life hanging out and travelling.

Best places in Vietnam (IMO) to visit; The north, Nghe An, and between Tuy Hoa to just north of Quy Nhon.

I'm not a big appreciator of the FBook culture. Having a look around here.

Cantho.today

Hello,

Hope we could find intersted things on this forum!

Cheryl

Hello Cantho.today,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Would you mind telling us more about yourself? Your plans?

Whare you are looking for on this forum?

We always like to know more about our members.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

boba75017

Hello, my name is florian, I live in Paris but want to live one day in Saigon

Bhavna

hello and welcome Florian !

Feel free to read the Living in Vietnam guide for expats to gather as much information as possible.

Should you want, you may also participate on the french speaking Vietnam forum  to get in touch with francophone members : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4254

All the best

Bhavna

mk200200

Hi, I’m Mike, retired from the US. I would like to live long term in Asia, but don’t like the visa runs. The upcoming 90 day visa is promising, year even better. Currently I live in Thailand.

Aidan in HCMC
Hi, I’m Mike, retired from the US. I would like to live long term in Asia, but don’t like the visa runs. The upcoming 90 day visa is promising, year even better. Currently I live in Thailand.
-@mk200200

Hello mk200200 (Mike). Good to have you with us!

You've been a member for a while now! Thank you for your first post.

Yes, the 90 day visa will be nice, and yes indeed, a year would be even better but no indication when, or even if, that will transpire.

Feel free to jump in to any of our ongoing threads, or to open a new topic of your own.

Lots of helpful folk here. Hope to hear from you again soon.

liubby0514

Hello everyone!

Im planning to move to Vietnam soon!

I’ve lived my last five years in China now looking for a new location and friends:)!

Kasimi

Hi,

would ypu like to make an introduction of your self?

and when will you be here?

welcome

aranashakeel

Hi All, This is shakil very new on this forum, I m from

Pakistan and working in Vietnam since 2018 with adidas, nice day to all

OceanBeach92107
Hi All, This is shakil very new on this forum, I m from
Pakistan and working in Vietnam since 2018 with adidas, nice day to all
-@aranashakeel

Welcome to the forum Shakil.

Prepare to get a lot of private messages asking you how to get a job at Adidas...

tjstraut

Hi, everyone. I'm a new English teacher from America who just moved to Binh Duong. I'm excited to meet you all!

tannguyen1972vn

Hello,

I am Vietnamese. I am living in Ho Chi Minh city now. I want to get to know the foreigner friends here. Drop me a line if you like.

Tan

OceanBeach92107
Hello,
I am Vietnamese. I am living in Ho Chi Minh city now. I want to get to know the foreigner friends here. Drop me a line if you like.
Tan
-@tannguyen1972vn

Hello Tan - Welcome to the forum.

Please give a stronger introduction of yourself.

Your profile is basically anonymous without a photo or age group or any other description of yourself and your life and your goals when meeting foreigners.

You can still retain your anonymity while giving us more information and inspiring more people to contact you.

Please consider telling us a little bit more and maybe also updating your profile.

Good luck with your search for contacts.

Hopefully some people will contact you through the private message system and give you permission to exchange messages.

Cheers!

bdurandt71

@tannguyen1972vn

Hi Tan nice to meet you, my name is Belinda and I'm from South Africa. Would love to live in your beautiful country.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards

Belinda

Francis Obeng

Hello everyone, i am glad to join this community. I am a Ghanaian by birth and live in my beloved nation. I have over 3 years teaching experience. I do enjoy teaching as i get to see my students smiles everyday. I hope to share my jovial lesson starters and action packed ice breakers with the kids in Vietnam.

jbsekumade

@Julien

Hi, my name is John-Baptist. I go by John or JB. I am from Humble Texas. I have a Bachelor of Arts degree a Master of Arts degree and a Doctor of Jurisprudence degree.

I really like Vietnam. I would like to teach here.

Aidan in HCMC
@Julien
Hi, my name is John-Baptist. I go by John or JB. I am from Humble Texas. I have a Bachelor of Arts degree a Master of Arts degree and a Doctor of Jurisprudence degree.
I really like Vietnam. I would like to teach here.
  -@jbsekumade

Hi there jbsekumade, and welcome to expat.com.

Julien is the owner of the world-wide expat.com network, and as such may not have the opportunity to reply to you directly.

Feel free to jump in on any of our ongoing threads found here, or to open your own new topic for discussion.

Again, welcome aboard and hope to hear from you soon.

yng68bld

Hello everyone, Mark here.  I am from Southern California, US.  Glad to be here and hope to learn new info about VN.  My last VN trip was around 2017 for about 3 weeks. 

regankyeremeh

I have a friend in Vietnam who is a teacher.He has been talking to me how good their salary is as compared to Ghana. I'm also a teacher with thirteen years experience in teaching. I have passed through the basic school and the high school level in my country, so I have a lot of experience when handling children in the classroom. Vietnam is my dream country because of their good working conditions, beautiful environment and good opportunities that can be found there.

akirchbe

@Julien

I'm living in Hanoï Long Bien. Will stay hère for 4 months. Am 87. Single. Would liké to meet people either French or English people. Would liké to play bridge - but where?

A y program of activités?

Thanks for replying

André

Moderated by Bhavna 12 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Aidan in HCMC
    @JulienI'm living in Hanoï Long Bien. Will stay hère for 4 months. Am 87. Single. Would liké to meet people either French or English people. Would liké to play bridge - but where?A y program of activités?Thanks for replyingAndré      -@akirchbe

Hello akirchbe (André), and welcome to expat.com.

Julien is the owner of the world-wide expat.com website, and as such may not have the opportunity to respond to you personally.

I'm hoping some local Hanoi bridge playing members see your post and reach out to you. In the meantime, feel free to contribute to any of our ongoing threads here, or to open a new topic of your own for discussion.

As a new member of the forum, any links you submit will require administration's approval prior to their being viewable.

Again, welcome aboard. Good to have you with us.

Julien

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1055797

Thanks!

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in Vietnam

• Dating In Vietnam
    Dating In Vietnam

If you're considering moving to Hanoi, or Ho Chi Minh City, the dating scene may be of interest to you. ...

• Making phone calls in Vietnam
    Making phone calls in Vietnam

The telecommunications sector in Vietnam has flourished throughout the past two decades. Like many foreigners, ...

• Moving to Vietnam with your pet
    Moving to Vietnam with your pet

If you are planning to move to Vietnam with a pet, there are a number of formalities that have to be completed ...

• Getting married in Vietnam
    Getting married in Vietnam

Have you met that perfect someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with? Luckily, getting married in ...

• Driving in Vietnam
    Driving in Vietnam

Vietnam is known for four categories of lush and diverse landscapes, and one of the easiest ways to see firsthand ...

• The most popular neighbourhoods in Hanoi
    The most popular neighbourhoods in Hanoi

Formerly known as Thang Long, Vietnam's present capital city was renamed Hanoi in 1831. This enchanting, ...

• Sports activities in Hanoi
    Sports activities in Hanoi

We know there's a lot of attention on the drinking culture in Hanoi, but what about the options for a healthy ...

• Internet in Vietnam
    Internet in Vietnam

Vietnam is currently ranked 39th internationally for internet connection and has an average download speed of ...

All of Vietnam's guide articles