Dependent visa/ Family reunification/ Art 9Bis

Hi,

My partner and I moved to belgium in August 2022 from QATAR.

As the process of issuing him annex 46 took very long, his employer took special permission for him to take VISA D upon arrival and for me to file for family reunion.

While he now holds his resident permit ( A card ) , the commune kept delaying my family reunification procedure with the assurance that everything was fine. ( My partner is British while I am Indian ) after 3 months of wait they summoned me to the commune and informed that I was not allowed to file for family reunification being 3rd country national. I was given 2 choices

1) Fly to country of residence and apply for family reunion

2) File for Art 9 bis

I left India 12 years before and no have now place to stay or family to support in India , also the fact that I would not be issued a police clearance due to my absence from the country for last 12 years, hence we decided to file for Art 9BIs.

Recently we came to know that this process can take upto 15 months and the outcome would be negative in most cases.

I do not want to leave my partner alone here in Belgium for 6-8 months or file for asylum( As we believe there are people in actual need )  can someone please share their experience or advice. We consulted a lawyer as well but Can afford one due to extortionate costs.

Currently, I am looking for employers as If i happen to find a job with an employer who would issue a single permit, in that case I am authorised to stay. I am also looking at registering myself in a university for masters degree but now sure what the correct way around this could be.