Menu
Expat.com

Unpaid NCB Credit Card in Saudi

Last activity 18 August 2024 by Azee Ben

junaid naseer

Hi,

Please advise what to do, I have an unpaid credit card balance of about 5000 Riyals, and it's already 5 years ago I come back to my country on vacation and never go back.  Now I want to go to KSA for Umrah. Anyone can please guide me when I will face an issue with immigration??

Fred

I gather from posts here, thieves are arrested and thrown into prison.

From an Islamic point of view, stealing might well make your prayers invalid. Quran, 4:29 seems to be pretty clear and, in my limited understanding, I gather the way to rectify the issue is to repay the stolen money, then pray for forgiveness.

https://www.al-islam.org/greater-sins-v … n-stealing

The twenty-third sin which is certainly a Greater one is stealing or thievery. Imam al-Ridha (‘a) has included stealing among the Greater sins according to the tradition reported by Fazl Ibn Shazan. Amash says that Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq (‘a) has related from the Holy Prophet (S) that he said,
“A believer cannot commit fornication and a believer cannot steal.”1
Thus one who fornicates or steals is not a believer. Such a person is devoid of faith. Such a person lacks belief in Allah (S.w.T.) and the Day of Judgement. If such a person dies without repenting for his sins, he does not die a believer.

Attempting to avoid responsibility for your theft, as we see in the thread title, means even the most forgiving might well reject your prayers as you have not repented as you should.

Repay the stolen money, repent, then repay again in the form of good deeds to others along with honest prayer to the almighty.

princesophy

Brother, clearly you don't understand the conditions of making Umrah. Settle first all your debts and obligations before you embark your journey, that is more sufficient for you.

Fred
Brother, clearly you don't understand the conditions of making Umrah. Settle first all your debts and obligations before you embark your journey, that is more sufficient for you.
-@princesophy

From the points of view of Islam and keeping out of prison, this is good advice

junaid naseer

So instead of answering my question, The Molvis are gathered to decide whether my Umrah will accept or not.

Let Allah decide whether my Umrah will accept or not and if you do not have the answer to my question then please leave it

fyhn

Junaid, I asked my brother who worked in NCB for 7 years. He said that there are no legal obligations on you if you have any debt on your credit card, that is because when you will come on Umrah visa, so there is no link between your previous IQAMA and Umrah Visa. So dont worry about that. As far as the debt is there, so i better suggest to clear the debts before coming for umrah to spiritually clean from heart. May allah swt make it easy for you, ameen.

Azee Ben

@fyhn Thank you sir for a proper answer to this query. I was also worried for a similar issue while I intend to clear all my debts but still want to go for Umrah from Pakistan. I hope SABB follows same procedure as NCB.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles