Private Schools

I am moving to Dominican Republic this year.  I have a wife who is Dominican. We have 2 grand daughters of school age. We are looking for private schools for the girls.

They are cousins and both live in Santo Domingo. I am just looking for some recommendations for schools that will provide more. They are both spanish speaking

but a school that can be bilingual is good as well. Also looking someone for piano lessons for them. I will be bringing one with me so in home can work.

Thanks in advance    Belkis &  John 

Ashton school

community cathedral school

the community for learning

@johntoncc

Good luck! Heres our $10k + experience for two children, this year.

Colegio Bilingüe New Horizons

Bilingual school in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Address: F347+XG7, C. Juan Miguel Román, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Hours:

Open ⋅ Closes 5 PM

Phone: +1 809-533-4915

https://cbnh.edu.do/

Our children go here. They love it and the web interface allows us to follow their progress (see the link below before 2/10/2023). It is rather pricey but, my wife who is Dominican, thinks it is worth it. New Horizons gives discounts for paying by the year and for having multiple children attending. As an engineer, I don't feel the math curriculum is up to snuff, but they teach lots of other pertinent material.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AnYHMr0GXiFwnNgpBZq … w?e=sZPVwH

Colegio Bilingue New Horizons

Stgo.

Final Report

School Year 2022-2023

Student ID: 2100341 Homeroom Teacher: S

Student Name: GARDNER TRIVITY

Subject Teacher Credits

ENGLISH LANGUAGE &

LITERATURE

J. WHITE 4

LENGUAESPANOLA F. PAULINO 4

MATEMATICAS

(ALGEBRA/GEOMETRIA) D. JIMENEZ 5

CIENCIAS DE LA

NATURALEZA(QUIMICA) L. SEQUERA 4

FRENCH IV J. JEUDY 2

PROGRAMMING & ROBOTICS II B. MANCEBO 2

WORLD HISTORY J. TAVERAS 2

ESTUDIOS SOCIALES Y FORM.

INT. A. CASTILLO 3

EDUCACION ARTISTICA R. CASTILLO 1

VOLLEYBALL K. CASTILLO 1

PATRIOTISMO L. SEQUERA 1

CONDUCTA L. SEQUERA 1

Total Credits: 30

It will very much depend on where you live as the commute can be brutal and your budget!!!

If they are coming from public school they are also likely to be well behind the level of any private school. Keep that in mind.

@johntoncc Hi there.  I am moving to Las Terrenas in May and I teach piano successfully online (had to pivot through the pandemic).  Happy to chat more to see if this is something you'd be interested in trying.

Welcome to the forums!!!

@johntoncc

We have 2 granddaughters that have been attending Kings Christian School for many years.

We are very happy with them.

Here is a list of schools for your review ...

1.Kings Christian School

2.Christian Community School

3.Miel Christian School

4.American Christian School

Ashton School

New Horizon School

Carol Morgan School

ABC School

St. Michael School

St. George School

St. Patrick School

Colegio Bautista Cristiano

Colegio Logos

Centro Educativo Los Prados

Colegio Quisqueya

Colegio San Juan Bautista

Colegio Adventista Metropolitano

@rafaeljblanco

Rafael,  Belkis & I  thank you so much for your reply & information..

@planner

Thank you,  I have been observing quietly for some time now  (except for holiday greetings. But we are very pleased with responses

What is the tuition for Carol Morgan ?

I just found this forum..I am planning to move with my two kids to DR this summer for a year and looking for private school. My kids are 10 and 12, they speak Spanish and English...but coming from the Netherlands where education is completely free and seeing the ridiculous prices of private schools in the Dominican Republic I must think twice. Any suggestion? Is there a good private school anywhere in DR which has affordable fees? What I mean by that is something that cost let's say 100-200$ per month. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Unfortunately, for Santo Domingo city I only know of the high end where the area of Naco and Plantinni private schools. They are not cheap.

What area are you looking at?  I do not know any private schools at this price level.

Are there any options for homeschooling (in person or remote)?

Hi 

where will you live in Dominican Republic ?

Hi. I was wondering if there are any private bilingual schools meant for locals, so less pricey. I don't care about the American curriculum really. It would need to be in santo domingo oeste.

I have a 6th grader, 5th grader, and 4th grader.

Sharney

Sorry I have no idea what might be available in Santo Domingo west.