Menu
Expat.com

looking for help in how to find my parents

Last activity 13 March 2023 by magicalme

garycunningham67

@Julien hi , im gary , i dont know if im in the correct place , im looking for help in how to find my parents , who live in yembol 8657 , i have not heard from them in over a year , and when i called there number , someone answered the phone that was not my parents , and help advice would be appreciated .

thanks

gary

Bhavna

Hello Gary,

Trust you are doing well ! Welcome on board !

Please note that I have created a new topic from your post on the Bulgaria forum so that members can perhaps share some ideas with you.

They are citizens of which country ? Have you contacted the embassy ?

All the very best

Bhavna

garycunningham67

hi Bhavna

i have not contacted the embassy yet , im contacting the police here in the uk first of all , and will follow there advice , thanks you for taking time out to reply and help .

thank you

gary

Bhavna

Please keep us posted.  I hope someone in yembol  or Bulgaria can help by providing a solution.

Take care

SimCityAT

I would contact the Embassy

British Embassy Sofia

9, Moskovska St

1000 Sofia

Bulgaria

Telephone

+359 2 933 92 22 /(UK) +44 20 7008 5000

https://www.gov.uk/world/organisations/british-embassy-sofia/office/british-embassy

janemulberry

Gary, I hope you can locate them. Maybe also put the area name Yambol and the village name Miladinovtsi in the title so people in that area might be more likely to see this? Also there will be local Facebook expat groups for the Yambol area that might be worth trying.

And what SimCityAT said about the Embassy.

gwynj

@garycunningham67

If you have a phone number that's being answered, that's a plus. Maybe get someone here (ideally who speaks Bulgarian) to call the number a couple of times and see if the person who answers know anything? Do you have their address? Then I'd guess you could also pay someone over here to take a day out by popping over to Yambol to see how your folks are doing.

magicalme

@garycunningham67 Hello Gary. I am sorry to hear that you can't contact your parents. I would be very happy to post something on all the Facebook  expats sites that I am a member of.  If you want me to do this, write something that I can copy and post. But only do it if your local police say it's a good idea. I do hope you can find them safe and well soon. My thoughts are with you.

magicalme

Hello, Have you found your parents? I am concerned and hope that you have some good news. Thanks.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Bulgaria

• Giving Birth In Bulgaria
    Giving Birth In Bulgaria

If you find yourself pregnant in Bulgaria, you may be wondering if you will have to head home to have your baby. ...

• Education in Bulgaria
    Education in Bulgaria

Educational Structures and Background:

• Leisure in Bulgaria
    Leisure in Bulgaria

Wondering how to keep yourself busy after work and during week-ends? Here is an overview of leisure activities ...

• Opening a bank account in Bulgaria
    Opening a bank account in Bulgaria

Do you wish to open a bank account in Bulgaria? Find out how to proceed in this article.

• Traveling to Bulgaria with your pet
    Traveling to Bulgaria with your pet

Would you like your pet to accompany you during your trip to Bulgaria? Find out how to proceed in this article.

• Accommodation in Plovdiv
    Accommodation in Plovdiv

Plovdiv is a very popular city with expatriates, more particularly with students. Find out how to find ...

• Living in Bulgaria
    Living in Bulgaria

After living in Bulgaria for several years, I look back on the decision to move abroad. At first there was a ...

• Moving to Bulgaria
    Moving to Bulgaria

With rising costs of living, falling house prices, lack of mortgage lending and increasing social and economic ...

All of Bulgaria's guide articles