Are there any Bi-lingual schools in Cabo Rojo?

Hello. We will be moving to west PR in late summer. Living outside of Philly right now. I'm really more of a fan of the SW but I don't really see any bi-lingual schools in Cabo Rojo for my son who is 9.  I think as a result we are going to have to stay NW in Rincon or Isabella. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Hello Deogee,

Welcome to expat.com and thank you for starting this thread!

According to the small google search that I did, there are 2 bilingual schools in Cabo Rojo.

You can check them out: https://en.infopaginas.com/c/cabo-rojo/bilingual-school

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Deogee Hello Deogee: Relax my friend, even if you don't find the specific school you seek, I'm pretty certain your 9 year old will will suprise you on how quickly he/she will master the spanish language. Children are super adaptive in learning new languages. I've seen this over and over with friends that came to the Island to live with young ones. Most everyone on the island are bilingual anyway, so no worries. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much. Yes I'm sure he will pick up Spanish very quickly. But we are making such a big change already I don't want to shock him with too much right away and all at once.

@Yoginee  thank you for your reply but actually those two schools are not in Cabo Rojo but for some reason they do come up in the search. But I really do appreciate your quick response. I will keep searching, it could be that we just have to be up north but then maybe in another year or two once he pick up Spanish we can move further south. Looking forward to being everyones Neighbor lol

@Deogee Hello! Inspiration Christian Academy is the only all-English Christian School in all of southwestern Puerto Rico. They are not bilingual, everything is in English except for Spanish classes. SESO in Mayagüez is an excellent all-English School with an extremely recognized academic program. MASIS in Añasco offers mostly everything in English but uses Spanish in school activities and social media posts. WALKS/WEBS in Mayagüez offers English, Math, and Science in English and Spanish, History, and other classes in Spanish and others in English. They also use Spanish for their activities and social media posts. I would recommend you to look at these 4 schools. Hope this helps!

By the way, ICA is in Cabo Rojo!

@Boricua Guide Thank you so much for your response. I think we are going to end up in the Isabela area, just so much closer to airport and we are renting first so we can decide which towns we like best once there. It looks like we will enroll him in Froebel Bilingual School in Aguadilla, it will be closer to us and I like their programs.

@Deogee Hi! The Aguadilla and Isabela area is also very nice. I suggest you to also research about Carib Christian School in Aguadilla which is the only all-English School in that area. If you want a full English school this one would be the best option. Wishing you guys the best!