[Visaonweb] visa application accomodation question

Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding visa application.

Can I use airbnb reservation as accomodation in the visa application or I need to do a hotel reservation ?

Thank you.

For which visa type ?

@Aneesh Hello For long stay visa

For long stay visa, airbnb or hotel accomodation is enough as an initial stay, In the cover letter you mention that this is your intial temporary stay and you will use this timeperiod to find a long term rental accomodation.

@Aneesh Hello thank you for your reply. on the visaonweb website form ( visa application ) there's no information about a cover letter. Do I need a cover letter for my visa application ? ( I though I just need to do a reservation on airbnb and add the address and contact of the airbnb apartment owner)

It is always good to write a cover letter !

@Aneesh thank you one last question please. the cover letter needs to be written by the owner of the airbnb apartment ? I don't have any idea about this.

thank you for the help :D

By the applicant (you), to the consulate. its not only about accomodation, but in general about your application (what are you applying for, what documents you are presenting, your purpose of travel, etc).. You can find plenty of samples online.

@Aneesh okay thank you ;)

For a short stay any accommodation is OK.

For a long stay and permanent residency private apartment rented on AIRBNB and even aparthotel are ok, hotels might not be accepted as an address.

Please don't hesitate to write or chat if you have more questions...

@EUROPEAN Connection Thank you so much. I just need a temporary accomodation for the visa process ( on the visa form online I need to add a Host or accomodation : hotel or temporary accommodation) My question was can I use airbnb accommodation or it needs to be a hotel ?

@mar122 hotel booking can be used as accomdation , state the hotel and the address so they can confirm with the hotel that you are going to be staying there or you can use your family home address if that is where you going to stay

@Tachelle McCarthy Can I use airbnb as accomodation instead of hotel ?

@mar122 I called TLS to ask the same question and they told me I don't need any adress for working visa! You can populate any adress reservation.

@zayneb166 thank you so much !