Family Reunion Belgium

Is the whole procedure very difficult to pass?

Me (f20) and my fiance (m21) are planning on getting married in the summer and then either after that try to apply for family reunion or wait until next year to apply for it.

We have few concernces and we really need help with them...

1. is it possible for us to start family reunification if im 20 years old but after 6 months (procedure time), I would be almost 21 - is there a chance for them to be okay with that especially since we have lived together for 2,5 month before and spend everyday (literally) talking and calling?
  2. if i dont have enough income to bring him to belgium, would it be fine if i would show them how much i earn and also show rental papers that we are allowed from my parents to stay with them until we get enough money to move out together?
  3. if you are already married, does that mean that it's easier to get accepted for family reunification?
  4. does my fiance get an extended visa to stay in belgium during the whole procedure for family reunification?

Thank you so much in advance, we are currently waiting for township to respond to our questions (which are many) and it's taking a while! Meanwhile we are very stressed out about it, because we dont want to get denied. We want to start enjoying life and starting family together.

xx

Please I want to know if it's always the 15th week that one's application will be registered on dofi.ibz???

@Spencer Gee Gold every  case differs , you should look more on the government website, they have all the neccessary information ,when was your submission and when did it get transfered?

From my experience family reunion is a very stressful process.

You should have it at the back of your mind that this process will push you to the limit. But the love you both share is what will see you through.

First, is your partner coming from outside the EU/non-EU national? Not withstanding, if you are a Belgian your income should meet the minimum income requirement. You should be able to demonstrate that your income is sufficient enough to cater for both of you.

Where you live does not necessarily matter as long as you are legally registered in that address and the units is sufficient to house the number of people that are living there.

If you chose to apply for family reunion before meeting the requirement of number of years (in terms of living in the same address for at least one year or being in a relationship for at least 2 years ) the chances that your application will be denied is very high. Unless you want to use this at as a means of buying time. Note that this is also tricky because if your application is denied the counter towards 5 years of legal stay will be reset.

I don't think that being married gives added advantage.

Trust me. My dependents visa was submitted in vfs in mid of Dec 2022 and registered in dofi on 19th Jan 2023. My dependents visa is still not approved and I am still waiting for the response from immigrant team about the pending documents. They will make you regret for coming to Belgium without dependents and applying visa later for family reunion. You and your family will go through very very worst tough time during this reunion process. I cannot explain the situation that me and my family is going through. I lost my hope seeing them and my family is stressed out at the peak. I regret badly now.

@Prakash Somasundaram 100% agreed and same condition is ours as your. I Think it's seems as a great sin in life to applying such.

However wishing god may bless all sufferers and find positive result soon.

Regards

Khaled Rasel

Thank you. I wish everyone the same.

@Sunnydrop You have to be earning a salary of 1950euros to get family reunion.