PR APPROVAL CHANCES-2023

@cheesecakelover777

Good luck

@AADVIK Many people plan their pregnancy in such a way that a baby is born during the pending status of the application, thinking that informing this will increase their chances. But it does not work that way, as many are doing so. Moreover, nowadays i dont think you can add your new born to the existing pr application. They will ask you to submit a new application for the new baby after your current application gets approved or rejected.

ok understand thanks

I don't normally post because I know it's a blackbox, and also because I noticed STEM PhDs from NUS/NTU don't post here since they pretty much get it. But I guess I'm the odd one out so wanted to see what others think. I did my PhD from one of NUS/NTU (astar scholarship) in 2021 and work in the semiconductor industry as a senior staff hardware engineer. My wife and I have been here for almost 7 years. I'm an Indian citizen but never really lived there, I grew up in west Asia.

My PR is pending for 15 months now. I'm married and no kid yet. We are trying but with age it gets tough. I'm approaching 40. We held back on the kid as I was trying to get my career on track. My life was a mess due to fked up decisions by parents and I've managed to bring it back on track through sheer willpower and my wife's support.

When I applied I thought we would get a decision in about 6-8 months due to PhD from here and a job in the very important semiconductor industry (which Singaporeans barely choose), despite our Indian race.

However now I'm losing hope. Is it over for us? Do you guys think I'm not worth it for the government? Should we give up and move elsewhere?

PS: my wife on s pass had applied 3 years back as a principal applicant since I was on student pass that time. She works in finance. It got rejected in 4 months so this is our second time applying together.

PPS: we are not tamil. I heard tamils get preference which I fully understand. But wanted to know if this is true

@greatphail555 Hi, dont worry too much. Everyone makes alot of bad decisions in life. For you, since you hold a PHD, if singapore didnt worked out many other countries are there. Most of the countries have global talent visa, very easy to get since you hold phd.  No need to write IELTS or anything, easily you can migrate with global talant visa to other countries... so wait for Singapore PR approval, and if it is not getting this time, plan on migrating if thats what you want...

@greatphail555 As long as your application is still processing, the outcome can still be approval or rejection - there is no need to lose hope just because it takes longer!

And also, there is no reason to leave Singapore, just because your PR application is rejected. You can easily stay here on EP or other passes for years, as many other foreigners do!

@beppi

OK just wondering. Do you know what they do for 15 months, are they actually checking something or they just keep the file pending due to filled up quota? If the quota is full it means it could take years or maybe never. And the reason I asked about giving up is because we are not tamil. As I said I thought I had enough local ties but if that's not enough for the government then it's clear we are not needed here and should start looking for other countries.

No one here has pointed out what's wrong with our profile so I'm not getting any clear signals. I thought you guys replying with your inputs are ex-immigration officers or something so was hoping for better answers

@fromhktosg may I know your profile? I am curious you got PR in your first try.

@beppi  when i applied PR first time , i was still able to proceed to apply new application but this time when i click on apply button it say " You have a pending application, please wait for your result". Is this means high chances of approval.

@dhaani gupta I see that in addition to posting this here, you have also send it to me (and maybe others?) by personal message (PM). Why?

This is certainly in line with local "Kiasuism", but frowned upon on this forum - please read and follow the forum rules!

Anyway, your question is so obvious that you should be able to guess the answer with a bit of thinking.

Is it expected to get outcome in 2-3 weeks ? Result is still 50-50%

@dhaani gupta Please read related forum discussions - this has been answered before!

@beppi

I am sorry i couldn't find. Pls help me to indicate the search reference

@dhaani gupta It is the first thread you see when you enter the forum:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=773390

@beppi

Sorry but the process is mentioned for EP, WP .. i couldnt find anything related to PR

@dhaani gupta Sorry, my misunderstading!

PR application timing is much longer and entirely unpredictable. Just wait!

@beppi

Means chances of Approval is nothing to do with after applying if we are not  able to proceed with new application or upload button is disable

@AADVIK

Any update on your PR application we are also in the same boat applied first time in July 2022 after staying in singapore for 3 years.

@AAD2023

No update yet. It is still pending.

@beppi

Few days back When i clicked on apply button it say " You have a pending application, please wait for your result". Today morning i am able to proceed to apply new PR. Is that mean the outcome is concluded and not favorable.

I read several other groups if able to proceed is most likely rejection.

@dhaani gupta They will inform you of the outcome of your application.

Applying again right after a rejection is not a good idea - you should wait at least a year, or until your credentials change (e.g. new job,newborn  kids, etc.).

@beppi

I am not reapplying. Was just checking.. is this change  in system an indication of rejection.

@dhaani gupta If you click on the "apply" button, you normally want to apply.

@AADVIK

My PR is pending since last 17 months. i got a job offer and  planning to switch the job. will that have negative impact on my PR as my current EP need to cancel and will be issued in new company. postive side  is that i have mote than 20% increment in new company. is it advisable to change job during this period  ?

@AADVIK You should notify ICA of the change. It will not have a negative impact, but it can have a positive one, if the new job is evaluated as more valuable (for Singapore) than the old one.

@beppi

noted thanks for your quick response.

@beppi

Hi Beppi,

Our PR has been pending for 15 months now and my son got admission in a Local school through AEIS results published yesterday. Do we need to notify ICA of the school change? Or will this be automatically updated? He is currently in P1 in an international school and admission is for P2 next year. Many Thanks!

@Arje21 I don't know for sure, but notifying them does no harm.

Just a quick update that may be helpful

We sent an email to ICA on the school change and asked if we needed to upload any documents. So ICA confirmed there is no need to upload any additional information and as long as it's pending, they are still assessing. Below is the reply we got.

" Once an application has already been submitted online, applicants will not be able to make any amendment to the records or add in additional information/documents.  In addition, do allow us to clarify that the document checklist is provided for applicants to prepare only the essential documents that are required for the processing of the PR application.  There is no need to submit other documents/information (e.g. donations, volunteer letters, testimonial/recommendation letters, cover letter, endorsement letters etc) that are neither prompted to be uploaded in the ePR system nor mentioned in our document checklist unless there is a change in either of the following:

a)    Address;

b)    Employment (i.e. new employment, promotion and increment);

c)    Marital status; or

d)    Education (i.e. obtained a new and higher educational qualification).

Should there be any changes as stated above, please upload the relevant documentary proof/s via the ad-hoc submission under ‘Enquire application status' at [link moderated], for our necessary updating. In addition, please also upload a letter of request i.e. to state in writing the purpose of submitting the documents.

Hi, I heard that the 2021 and 2022 PR applications are still delayed due to the covid pileup, but 2023 PR applications have started moving and some have even been approved. Could I know if anyone in this forum got their PR application approved in 2023 after applying in  2023? If so please let me know your details like race, age, education, job, salary, family details...I just want to understand what kind of cases were approved? Also do share how long it took for approval....

We are blessed with baby boy born on 10.01.24 in Singapore. I emailed ICA and their reply is as below. How to interpret this. Is this negative or positive?

###

We have noted your child's birth certificate attached and will update your ePR application records accordingly.

We regret that we are unable to accede to your request to include your child in your ongoing e-PR application. You may submit an application for your child online via the e-PR system, after your current application has been finalised.

###

@AADVIK I would actually interpret this as negative. Chances of you getting PR without your child being included in the process is slim.

Just apply next time with your child to have higher chances. What is your family profile / how long have you been here , if you don't mind sharing?

@AADVIK

Adding to this.

We are blessed with baby boy born on 10.01.24 in Singapore. I emailed ICA and their reply is as below. How to interpret this. Is this negative or positive?

###

We have noted your child's birth certificate attached and will update your ePR application records accordingly.

We regret that we are unable to accede to your request to include your child in your ongoing e-PR application. You may submit an application for your child online via the e-PR system, after your current application has been finalised.

###

@AADVIK I would think it is neither positive nor negative - it is only a note that an ongoing application cannot be amended to include your newborn. So, if it is successful, you (parents) are PR, but not the child. You then can apply for the child.

noted thanks

Hi all,

Our PR got approved last week after 16 months wait :) Thank you!

Hi all, Our PR got approved last week after 16 months wait smile.png Thank you!        -@Arje21

Congratulations for a new chapter of your family's life!

Can you help to share more about your family profile? Family size, income range, occupation etc? Thanks so much!

Congratulations! @Arje21 . Went through your posts . Very helpful and great insights from @beppi .

@Arje21 Congratulation!! when did your proceed to upload button disappeared.

@Patrick Collison

Thank you :)

Below is our profile

Applied as a family of 4 with my Spouse as the main applicant.

Nationality: Indian (Tamil)

Main applicant: 36 years old Working in the Banking industry (IT DevOps Professional) making around 145K + Bonus

Main Applicant length of Stay: 13 years in SG. (since 2010)

Myself: 33 years old working in Fintech (Product role) making around 100K + Bonus.

Length of Stay: 10 years in SG. (working since 2014)

Education: Both have Engineering Degrees.

Kids: Son - 2016 Born - 7 Years (Tried for local school admission P1 - Application rejected and wrote AEIS for P2 and got the school in Dec 2023.

Daughter - 2019 born - 4.5 years old in Kindergarten. (born in SG)

Previous applications: Applied 4 times in total and got rejected. (The last application was in 2017 Sep) and got rejected within 3-8 months in 2018 and on all the previous applications. 

The current application was Sep 2022 and approved on Jan 2024.