EP Application Apr 2024

Hi, can anyone share their timeline/experience with their EP application in Apr 2024? I know actual processing time is case by case basis, just want to see what others experiences are like lately.. thank you.

Applied on 6 Apr, still pending.

Update: it has been approved this morning.

Timeline:

Applied: 9th Apr

MOM informed need more time: 24th Apr

Approved: 14th May

Total took 5 full weeks

All the best for everyone's EP application!

Hey Kunolumi, can I ask how much extra time MOM said they needed when they contacted you on April 24?

i just got notified that they need an additional 3-4 months for mine. It seems really excessive so I'm curious as to whether they stick to these estimated time frames.

thanks!

@Drewdon297

when did they applied for you?  I also received the same email. applied on 4/6 pending until now 

My application was submitted on 03 June

I also received the same email from MOM…Im still waiting for approval…

Application date: 13 March 2024

It's already 114 days from the date of application.

hope to get approval soon…

@jinsamir

@heyyyy

sadly my employer is not able to accommodate the delay due to project timelines… so my relocation to SG is cancelled 😪

@Drewdon297

thats sad. Oh well its not the end of everything . hope you all the best 

@Drewdon297

It's okay, I keep on waiting but still no outcome also😪 wasting all the time just to wait

@Jinsamir

how about you?

@Heyyyy

still pending bro  already 5 weeks now 

@Jinsamir Hi, same here, submitted on 25th of jun, and still pending until now 1f62a.svg

@Heyyyy are you a candidate or employer or employment agencies ? Was the notification email sent directly to the candidate ? getting frustated here waiting for approval

@Raden Rakhman At not yet three weeks, you cannot expect a decision. The average processing time is 1 - 2 months, some cases can take much longer.

@Heyyyy are you a candidate or employer or employment agencies ? Was the notification email sent directly to the candidate ? getting frustated here waiting for approval

-@Raden Rakhman

Hi I'm a candidate. My ep application is pending until now (126 days). I received that email from MOM after 3 weeks of the application. I really worried about it now cuz I have waited for more than 4 month😭😭

@Heyyyy

did you company followed up after 4 months? MOM said 3-4 months for my case 

@Jinsamir

Yes my employer mentioned that they have helped me to follow up closely with MOM on this, and have been advised to wait for the outcome. However, still no news until today🥲🥲 hope to get the outcome soon.

@Heyyyy Hi thank you for the info, so the MOM will email the candidate directly not to the employer / employment agent, i have not received any email until now,  hope you get your result soon..

Just to update:

My ep application is rejected without any reason provided after waiting for more than 4  months. I have decided to search for another job cuz I don't want to waste my time anymore.

Good luck everyone!

@Heyyyy

sorry to hear that. did they apply EP ony? or spass and ep?

@Jinsamir

I applied for EP/SP but rejected without any reason. I feel quite sad about it cuz few months are wasted just to wait.😭😭 I don't think my profile has any problem and I'm just a fresh graduate. HR also don't know what causing the rejection, really speechless and disappointed…Now all start over again….Hope to get a job soon…

@Heyyyy did your employer try to appeal your pass? on my case recently:

EP: failed after 3 months

SP: failed after 3 week

appeal EP: approved after 3 weeks

@Jimmy_

No, they don't want to wait anymore, just tell me that they will withdraw my offer🫠🫠

Mine applied on 11 July and got approved today and this is my 3rd EP.

Timeline

applied EP/SP - 04/06/2024

received an email from MOM regarding waiting for 3-4 months for outcome - 25/6/2024

S pass approved - 16/8/2024 

more than 2 months of waiting. Worth the wait!!

@Jinsamir why was the wait so long? did ur employer submit all documents including Education Certificate validation report along with EP application?

EP application: Aug 12

EP approve: Aug 17

Duration 5 Days

Qualification Background Checker: First Advantage ( 2 weeks)

Just to share my journey on this because I read a lot of long waiting time. So, maybe you are also thinking the other way.

Goodluck.

Hi all, I am waiting for my EP it still pending. I just want to know how long it will take to get approved. I am worried about it. I am fresh graduates hired as a data scientist.

EP applied: 4 August 2024

@lets_connect

it's your first time for EP?

@khushboo Gupta Work pass application processing time is probably the single most discussed topic on this forum. I encourage you to read existing discussions to find answers to your concerns!

@khushboo Gupta

mine took more than 3 weeks before got the result on first application. If re appeal took more than 3 months. based on my experience.

@azaleamitch0108  How many days can we expect to receive an email from MOM if there is a delay in EP approval?

I am worried because I have not received an update yet. I am a recent graduate and have been hired as a data scientist. Previously, I received an offer letter from an Indian company, which I declined in favor of this opportunity in Singapore. If the pass is rejected, I will have no other options available, and it's very hard to find a job after leaving college.

@khushboo Gupta Please read related discussions - work pass application processing times are among the most-discussed topics here.

MoM does not normally send notifications, but your employer can contact them and ask about the status.

Good luck - and have patience!

I've recently received my EP. I'm in the process of switching jobs. The longest part for my application is to get my education certificate verified. Not sure if it really takes that long or I just got unlucky with the agency. They took nearly 6weeks to get it certified. MOM on the other hand, was really quick with mine. Got it approved within 1week. All the best to those that are applying.

Hello everyone, I wanted to share an update on my EP (Employment Pass) application process:

EP Applied: 4 Aug 2024

EP Rejected: 10 Sept 2024

Unfortunately, my application was rejected, and I'm currently reviewing the reasons for the decision.

Hello @beppi,

By any chance you know whether the EP salary limit (based on Age) is applicable as on the application date or EP process date?

eg: i am 27yrs and will be 28yrs on Oct1 2024. My company applied for EP on 16Sep2024 with Salary matching with MOM min salary requirement of 6000. For 28yrs Salary limit is 6250.

My qn here is whether MOM will consider the salary limit as 6000 as EP application was based on 27yrs age or they will consider 6250 as they are processing (approving/rejecting) after Oct1 (where i ll be 28yrs).

Please comment if you have an idea. Thanks

@Nandy01 This is an interesting question, which we did not have on the forum before (and thus do not kow the answer, because MoM's internal criteria remain unpublished).

If you find out, please come back and post it here! Thanks!

Hello everyone, I would like to share an update on my EP process.

EP Applied: 14 Aug 2024

EP Approved 13 Sept 2024

@Nandy01 This is based on the application date AND date of birth.

Meaning, if you are born 18 Sep and you apply yesterday (17 Sep 2024), your age will be 1 year less than if you apply today (18 Sep 2024).

cc @beppi