Is there a set time between leaving and coming back?

If you have a tourist visa, and you are required to leave after 3 years but you want to come back, and you have no legal issues that would prevent that..is there a set length of time you must leave and stay gone BEFORE your allowed back? So far, I've heard 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, and once even 30 days, I've even recently read, on another forum that it's only required that you leave. You could come back a few hours later, but I would like to know for sure. I have my passport, and I'm about to get my ARC card renewed ( I have a relatively small outstanding balance due to immigration, but that will be resolved in about 1 weeks time. So far, there's been no problem with them on this matter) Thank you for any and all responses.

Hi, you will not be able to leave for a few hours as the Philippines have no land border to a foreign country. So I would book a flight to Singapore, Kuala Lumpur or Bali and stay there for a few days. It is a nice holiday. To come back to the Philippines you need a return ticket within the visa free month. Noone I know of had a problem with such a visa run here. This might change soon but it is still possible.

@Andy_1963 thank you for your answer, sir. That was very helpful.

@kenw8213

I've done it 3 times,  I simply fly to Bangkok or Singapore and return the next day.

No requirement for longer stay.  Simple.

Tony Barnard

I differ with Andy.  You do NOT have to stay to another country for several days.  One day will do it.

You must have a exit flight or you won't get on the plane to come back to PH. Like Tony I've done it a dozen times or more and never a problem. leave PH today and have your passport stamped the next day when you rock up, good for 3 years.

Cheers, Steve.

@kenw8213I have a relatively small outstanding balance due to immigration, but that will be resolved in about 1 weeks time. So far, there's been no problem with them on this matter)

I think youvhave your answer from other comments but what is this all about? "Outstanding balance" due to immigration? Balance for what? Anything that might show up when applying for your ECC? What is that all about?

We want to move to the Philippines we are retired, what is the quickest visa to get we have no legal issues here in the US.

We want to move to the Philippines we are retired, what is the quickest visa to get we have no legal issues here in the US.
-@LadySkinnersPureNaturals

Welcome to the forum.

The quickest visa is to arrive here and avail the 30 day visitor visa for free, then extend once here, don't forget an exit flight or they won't let you on the plane in the US.

Perhaps you could give a little info on yourself? Like are you both US nationals, have you ever been to the Philippines before?

Good luck.

Cheers, Steve.

@danfinn  what I meant was there were a few months where the fees weren't paid, and I'm about to settle it all completely this month. Not a major undertaking, but an important one.

@Tony Barnard again, a very helpful comment. Thank you, Tony.

@kenw8213  What is an "ARC" card ?

You have an SSRN ?

@WHITE ASIAN Alien Registration Card

Excuse my stupidity but what is an SSRN in the Philippines and related to visas?

Cheers, Steve.

@WHITE ASIAN Alien registration card. It's an official I.D card that says who you are, and what your status is...for instance, mine is a "tourist visa" card, which is pretty much the same thing as saying "temporary, hence why you need to pay for an extension every 2 months.

@bigpearl The Special Security Registration Number (SSRN) is a unique number assigned to every registered foreign national. Anyone staying over 59 days needs to register with Photo and Fingerprints, and about 700 pesos, at almost any Immigration Office in the country.

Thanks Ken, never heard of that. I have been coming back and forward here for 12 years and never had that done in either Manila nor here in La Union. 2 dozen times or more, nearly 12 months in Manila and 4 years here.

@ 35 months we went to Singapore (visa run) and I had to get an ECC, at that point I did supply pics and yes they took my two thumb prints, I also remember sticking my index finger on a scanner @ border control once or twice at the airport over the years but never realized that was an SSRN, we learn something new every day.

My ECC was 500 pesos,,,,, the proverbial express lane fee and no other charges.

Cheers, Steve.

Hi, you will not be able to leave for a few hours as the Philippines have no land border to a foreign country. So I would book a flight to Singapore, Kuala Lumpur or Bali and stay there for a few days. It is a nice holiday. To come back to the Philippines you need a return ticket within the visa free month. Noone I know of had a problem with such a visa run here. This might change soon but it is still possible.
-@Andy_1963

Hmmm...I have heard of people flying to Singapore, immediately catching a return flight and returning the same day.

@kenw8213 I watched an expat on his yt channel the other day say he did the same thing, after 3 years, had to only leave for 24 hours. Paul in the Philippines Old Dog New Tricks.

Yep, Land in another country in the late evening and fly back early the next morning. Date shift. Better to have a holiday.

Cheers, Steve.

oh now im with you

My SSRN is valid for 10 years as is my licence.

How ever while we are on the subject,everytime i leave Pinas i pay PH2,280...anyway i can get around that ?

And they said nothing about it at all but do i renew anything every year even though my ACR-1 is valid for 10 years ?

WHITE ASIAN. . . my ACR-1 is valid for 10 years

WHAT?

WHITE ASIAN. . . my ACR-1 is valid for 10 years
WHAT?
-@Enzyte Bob

🧓lol

I am wondering if he came here on some special visa like the very rare quota visa. Tourist ACR-I expires after 1 year, I think 13A ACR-I is good for 5 years. He keeps referring to that 10 year SSNR NUMBER that everybody apparently has and seems to conflate it with an ACR-I card. I cannot make any sense out if this at all.

oh now im with you
My SSRN is valid for 10 years as is my licence.
How ever while we are on the subject,everytime i leave Pinas i pay PH2,280...anyway i can get around that ?
And they said nothing about it at all but do i renew anything every year even though my ACR-1 is valid for 10 years ?
-@WHITE ASIAN

What are you on about? The ACR1 card is annual and US 50 bucks each year, no 10 year cr@p. The P 2280? what's that for?

6 weeks ago we left PH after 3 years here and the ECC was 500 pesos, perhaps you are using an agent and bending over?

The SSRN is new to me, I simply pay my dues every 2 months and my ACR renewal every year.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

Wow wow wow Such hostilities over something so trivial.

Im home now in Indo after riding around on a bike buying kopi Luwak.

That is what i do for a job, i sell Kopi Luwak to the Russians....there are you satified with what i do for a job.

I will be brief with answering hostile comments and then re- ask the question which for some in this forum would be quite simple.

1. Originally applied for a NON QUOTA VISA
  2. On arrival was granted 13A valid for 6 months
  3. Davao issued me with BI FORM 2014-08-006 REV 0 APPLICATION FORM FOR ALIEN CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION IDENTITY CARD ( ACR I-CARD )
  4. When i arrived at the Davao Airport, the card was not issued to me in time to leave the country so i brought with me all my application and paid fees photo copies including most importantly the "CLAIM STUB"
  5. I was refused to leave the country as i was not in possession of the "ACTUAL ACR-1 CARD"
  6. I flew to Manila later that night to go to the Immigration department in Manila as i quite simply had to be in Indo the same week.
  7. At immigration in Manila they said i should of applied for an "ACR CARD-1 WAIVER" how ever as they stated that it is illegal to hold any prospective national from leaving the country that has not had an offence in the Phillipines and as an apology i will not require a "WAIVER" application that usually takes 3 days, we will issue you with your "PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD" so as you can leave and re-enter the country as many times as you like in any given year for the validation period of the card.
  8. My VISA TYPE IS SEC 13A valid from 11th April 2023 to 11th April 2028

I thought it was a 10 year card so my mistake, i was riding around on a motor bike in a village with an iphone, possibly typo error....so some of you better get the noose out to hang me for making a mistake as it would seem in this forum.

My question was "AS I HAVE A 5 YEAR VALIDATION ON MY CARD, DO I NEED TO (RE- APPLY ) EACH YEAR FOR ANYTHING AT ALL ?

An email from ATTY.NORMAN G. TANSINGCO COMMISSIONER BUREAU OF IMMIGRATION ITRAMUROS, MANILA to my wife stated, VISA ISSUED ON " 10.JAN.2023 " VISA TYPE  "SEC 13A " VISA ISSUED VALID UNTIL " PERMANENT "  ADDRESS " NOT TELLING YOU VOLATILE PEEPS"

My wife seems to think i do not have to substantiate nor reapply to any Government body in any way as per Commissioner email.

That was my original question.

Hope that clears it all up. Probably telling you more than i should but what the hell.

Thanks for clarifying WHITE ASIAN, Perhaps you should have mentioned you were married and on a 13a and yes every 5 years renew your ACR if permanent, you say you were granted 6 months on a 13a on arrival, you have to do a heap of paperwork if in the Philippines to acquire and then you get 12 months temp 13a and a one year ACR and reapply for perm a year later and then you get your 5 year ACR, perhaps others on a 13a can clear this up as the some thing here doesn't ring true.

The P 2,000 odd to leave the country? Any thing under 6 months there are no fees, unless you are Filipino but then you wouldn't require a 13a, done it a dozen or more times and after 6 months you require an ECC, my last one was P 500.

OMO, Cheers, Steve.

Not trying to give you a hard time WHITE ASIAN but perhaps you know things that I don't and have been misled for the last dozen years?

White Asian,

Once you have your 13A visa and ACR-I card, your wife will have to apply for a 13A visa extension before the card expires.

And furthermore you (or your designated representative) must do an annual alien registration (“Annual Report”) in an immigration office cleared to perform the Annual Report. It costs 310 PHP & takes about 10 minutes. They will ask for your passport & the receipt from the last report, so keep it available (I keep mine in my passport…). The report must be done in January or February each year with penalties for late reporting.

You can find the services provided by each field office by going to the BI web site and searching “Annual Registration.”

Wow wow wow Such hostilities over something so trivial.
Im home now in Indo after riding around on a bike buying kopi Luwak.
That is what i do for a job, i sell Kopi Luwak to the Russians....there are you satified with what i do for a job.
I will be brief with answering hostile comments and then re- ask the question which for some in this forum would be quite simple.

Originally applied for a NON QUOTA VISA
On arrival was granted 13A valid for 6 months
Davao issued me with BI FORM 2014-08-006 REV 0 APPLICATION FORM FOR ALIEN CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION IDENTITY CARD ( ACR I-CARD )
When i arrived at the Davao Airport, the card was not issued to me in time to leave the country so i brought with me all my application and paid fees photo copies including most importantly the "CLAIM STUB"
I was refused to leave the country as i was not in possession of the "ACTUAL ACR-1 CARD"
I flew to Manila later that night to go to the Immigration department in Manila as i quite simply had to be in Indo the same week.
At immigration in Manila they said i should of applied for an "ACR CARD-1 WAIVER" how ever as they stated that it is illegal to hold any prospective national from leaving the country that has not had an offence in the Phillipines and as an apology i will not require a "WAIVER" application that usually takes 3 days, we will issue you with your "PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD" so as you can leave and re-enter the country as many times as you like in any given year for the validation period of the card.
My VISA TYPE IS SEC 13A valid from 11th April 2023 to 11th April 2028

I thought it was a 10 year card so my mistake, i was riding around on a motor bike in a village with an iphone, possibly typo error....so some of you better get the noose out to hang me for making a mistake as it would seem in this forum.
My question was "AS I HAVE A 5 YEAR VALIDATION ON MY CARD, DO I NEED TO (RE- APPLY ) EACH YEAR FOR ANYTHING AT ALL ?

An email from ATTY.NORMAN G. TANSINGCO COMMISSIONER BUREAU OF IMMIGRATION ITRAMUROS, MANILA to my wife stated, VISA ISSUED ON " 10.JAN.2023 " VISA TYPE "SEC 13A " VISA ISSUED VALID UNTIL " PERMANENT " ADDRESS " NOT TELLING YOU VOLATILE PEEPS"

My wife seems to think i do not have to substantiate nor reapply to any Government body in any way as per Commissioner email.

That was my original question.

Hope that clears it all up. Probably telling you more than i should but what the hell.
-@WHITE ASIAN

I didn't even bother to finish reading your post. People in this group spent a lot of time trying to assist you and you never answered any questions. Who do you think you are? Not hostile, just disinterested in participating in your nonsense thread.

White Asian said . . . .I'm home now in Indo after riding around on a bike buying kopi Luwak.That is what i do for a job, i sell Kopi Luwak to the Russians....there are you satified with what i do for a job.

KOPI LUWAK

Also know as Civet Coffee, is a coffee that consists of Partially Digested Coffee Cherries. The cherries are fermented as they pass through a Civet's intestines and after being defecated with other fecal matter, they are collected.

Waiter . . . .  I'm buying a round of Kopi Luwak for members of this forum.

@bigpearl SKIPP & Big thanks for the reply.

The embassy in Canberra gave me a 6 month 13A so as it would be enough time for me to do the mountain of paper work, how ever in Manila, they just gave me the 5 year without that 1 year probation card you were talking about.

So maybe i jumped the line somewhat.

I have never had any other ACR card previous as this current card im now a holder of is my first.

Never the less, the annual reporting i didnt know about and Manila & Davao never mentioned that at all.

I was in a long line up of other ACR Perm holders and we all paid that PH2,880 fee.

Just had a look at the break down

HEAD TAX = 250

LEGAL RESEARCH FEE = 30

RP/SRC FEE = 1400

EMIGRATION CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE FEE = 700

EXPRESS LANE FEE = 500

When i fly back through Manila next week i will find out what its all about.

Do you 2 boys know where else i pay to avoid this "EXPRESS LANE FEE" ?

Is there somewhere else you pay or can ?

I have only been in Pinas for 4 weeks before i had to go to Indo, does that make any difference with all these fees that so many of us had to pay ?????

Buying land & building a commercial block towards the end of the year.

Thanks to the both of you boys for the reply.

Still not clear mate. If you applied for a 13 a in Australia, England, the USA or a multitude of other countries being legally married to a Philippines national you would have been granted 12 months permanent and not 6 months, report annually as all do and yes a 5 year registration. I think you are full of sh1t, if you went this route you would know the ropes and not sprout cabbages.

You should also know by now that the express lane fee, sometimes 500, 1,000 and 1,500 is part of their system. Got me beat why they simply don't include that in their normal admin charges but hey, this is PH.

Your fees? ECC is only applicable if staying here over 6 months and is P500.

RP/SRC fee? no idea as I'm on a 9a. Head tax? Never heard nor paid that.

I am surprised that more 13a holders haven't thrown in their experience and costs.

Cheers, Steve.

@bigpearl If you give me yr email i will send you a pic of the visa they gave me in Canberra

White Asian . . . .Buying land & building a commercial block towards the end of the year.
Thanks to the both of you boys for the reply.

Buying land?

Give you my email addy? You think I'm stupid?

Steve.

@bigpearl If you give me yr email i will send you a pic of the visa they gave me in Canberra
-@WHITE ASIAN

Stop trying to create churn in the group. Your only purpose seems to be to argue, then to ghost the group for a few days and then coming back and accusing commenters who were only trying to help as being hostile. As for me I simply assume that 100% of what you say is bullsh!t and inconsistent with previous statements or just plain impossible to be true.

I beat y'all. My A$$-1 card never expires.

@bigpearl the "exit" flight is super easy to do... Simply book any flight on priceline... they automatically give all flights 24 hours to cancel, with a full , and IMMEDIATE refund.  I have done this many times...  I book a flight out while waiting in line to show my documents... show the flight, then immediately cancel it...  works every time.

SRRV...no ACR required. 1f600.svg