Closing a globe fiber account.

I have 2 and I no longer reside at my old residence where the lines are located.

I talk to the Globe lady in my lobby and she told me I had to go to the Globe Store, so I went and they told me service not available at my new residence so they gave me a email and told me to email my account info, situation + copy of ID. I emailed and haven't gotten a reply. It's been a month.

I use their app and requested cancellation, got auto-generated email that they have received my request but haven't heard from them since then.

Tried calling but I get a prerecorded voice - due to Pandemic, short staffed, etc, etc .. Plz use the Globe App.

Should I just leave it and not pay ? I already paid the last month and have moved out for a month now.

1 line has no contract, other has contract but the guy at the store told me I can still cancel it as it's not my fault that they don't offer service at my new residence.

Any Suggestion Plz. Thank You.

frankanderson wrote:

I have 2 and I no longer reside at my old residence where the lines are located.

I talk to the Globe lady in my lobby and she told me I had to go to the Globe Store, so I went and they told me service not available at my new residence so they gave me a email and told me to email my account info, situation + copy of ID. I emailed and haven't gotten a reply. It's been a month.

I use their app and requested cancellation, got auto-generated email that they have received my request but haven't heard from them since then.

Tried calling but I get a prerecorded voice - due to Pandemic, short staffed, etc, etc .. Plz use the Globe App.

Should I just leave it and not pay ? I already paid the last month and have moved out for a month now.

1 line has no contract, other has contract but the guy at the store told me I can still cancel it as it's not my fault that they don't offer service at my new residence.

Any Suggestion Plz. Thank You.

I would pay up to you recorded last contact with them indicating your changing situation. Not within your control their useless customer service. Just do the best you can and have a clear conscience. Cheers

Take a Filipina who understands the situation and what outcome that you are seeking with you to the Globe store.

I have had luck using this approach.  An American who used to work for me here used the "scream and shout" methodology.  And occasionally that worked for him but I would rather not take my frustrations out on people who are just doing their job within their given capabilities...

Tyrion Lannister wrote:

Take a Filipina who understands the situation and what outcome that you are seeking with you to the Globe store.

I have had luck using this approach.  An American who used to work for me here used the "scream and shout" methodology.  And occasionally that worked for him but I would rather not take my frustrations out on people who are just doing their job within their given capabilities...

Actually scream and shout will make things go even worse for you in the Philippines

onefogarty wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

Actually scream and shout will make things go even worse for you in the Philippines

Sometime yes and sometimes no...

Had problem with globe also we got it installed they did not offer tv channels advertised and internet was crap (paid for installation and one month up front) so after one or two weeks called the rep to cancel was told just not pay anymore as we were still within the one month cancelation period (yy his was in my wife's name). So we did that then three months after my wife started getting calls and texts demanding payment for service we no bp longer use told my wife to ignore them as we were within the cooling off period she still gets calls to this day demanding payment for now two years worth without us using them threatening court action they do not have our new address so nothing has been done. And all this started before the pandemic.

Tyrion Lannister wrote:

I went with my wife, she's a Filipina and she was the one that talked to the Globe Rep in store, we went to actually move the line, but was told not possible due to service area no covered.

off Topic: Love your name, love the series even more. #GoTprequel

simonjduffy wrote:

Had problem with globe also we got it installed they did not offer tv channels advertised and internet was crap (paid for installation and one month up front) so after one or two weeks called the rep to cancel was told just not pay anymore as we were still within the one month cancelation period (yy his was in my wife's name). So we did that then three months after my wife started getting calls and texts demanding payment for service we no bp longer use told my wife to ignore them as we were within the cooling off period she still gets calls to this day demanding payment for now two years worth without us using them threatening court action they do not have our new address so nothing has been done. And all this started before the pandemic.

Yeah, looks like we are going that route. Funny I experienced this in HK 20 years ago with a cable company. Only way you can unsub is send a email but they always claim they never got it, which in turn they just keep billing you. Catch is when you sub to their service, credit card was required so I had to cancel my CC  :D  shit got so bad, there was a class action lawsuit involved then the government stepped in, they actually changed some  laws cus of it.

All in all, I think it's all part of their work model. Nothing to see here, move along. Just keep billing them  :D

Yep just ignore them you not using the service after globe we went with sky excellent service tv and internet little more expensive than globe and when we moved still within a two year contract they could not supply in my new house so they just canc led the contract no problems as they could not offer service they were the ones in breach of contract.

I went with my wife, she's a Filipina and she was the one that talked to the Globe Rep in store, we went to actually move the line, but was told not possible due to service area no covered.

off Topic: Love your name, love the series even more. #GoTprequel

Wow, just wow...

I have always had great luck when my wife is with me sorting things out.  Sorry to hear of your debacle!

Note to self: always put YMMV at the end of any advice!

Thanks and it was given as a joke because I am Tywin's height but prefer Tyrion's acerbic wit...

Cheers and good luck.

I have said it before, Globe internet customer support is the absolute worst. Six month nightmare for me, in the line at Ayala every.single.month. I would try to get some sort of agreement or confirmation in writing Frank, otherwise it may come back to haunt you.

Customer service are two words that don't exist in the vocabulary of Philippine companies.

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:

Customer service are two words that don't exist in the vocabulary of Philippine companies.

The words exist but the meaning is very different from what I have experienced in most other countries...

Still, it is what it is so I just deal with it!

Yep, like the word "borrow"

ha ha ha

So true FFTB, so true...