Menu
Expat.com

Could i live off of $5000 a month ?

Last activity 21 June 2023 by DnBR

Dorothy Wooden

Hello everyone,

My name is Renni and I am very interested in visiting Belize. Within the next 3 years, I would like to call Belize home if all works out in my favor. Can you tell me a few things about Belize? I am a teacher. Could i live off of $5000 a month?

Bhavna

Hello Dorothy,

Welcome on board !

I have created a new thread from your post on the Belize forum so that members can provide you their feedback.

Visiting is indeed a good idea before making a decision. When is your trip due ?

All the best

Bhavna

Brigitte B
Hello everyone,
My name is Renni and I am very interested in visiting Belize. Within the next 3 years, I would like to call Belize home if all works out in my favor. Can you tell me a few things about Belize? I am a teacher. Could i live off of $5000 a month?
-@Dorothy Wooden

Hi Renni,

I would suggest that you spend a bit of time in each District, as they are all vastly different on every level.

May I also suggest not to put your financial situation on a public forum. Advertising your wealth may put your safety in jeopardy.

Happy planning!

jonestom747

@Dorothy Wooden lol in next few years? Can I live off $5000 you live most any were in the world off $5000 a month.

Hood63

Yes you could live pretty comfortably on 5000.00 u.s. per month you could get away with 3000.00 pretty well

Mike

DnBR

Belize per capita GPD is less than that per year, and Belizeans are happy people. FWIW the government rate in Belize for a person with a doctorate is $5-5.5k BZD per month. As you'll see, many things are very affordable, but many others are actually more expensive than where you moved from (no matter where that was). So it's hard to say, except that you'd be heads above most everyone. Unless you're someone who must have the newest iPhone, fashion, etc.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Belize

• Using phones in Belize
    Using phones in Belize

Belize has a national telecommunications company, Belize Telemedia, Limited, and several mobile phone companies ...

• Connecting to the internet in Belize
    Connecting to the internet in Belize

Belize enjoys decent internet coverage. Unfortunately it is slow and expensive. The country has many internet ...

• How to drive in Belize
    How to drive in Belize

In Belize, you can drive with an international driver's license, and you can often drive with a license from ...

• Where's the Beef?
    Where's the Beef?

Before visiting Belize to determine if it was a country we could permanently relocate to, we did an awful lot of ...

• Sports in Belize
    Sports in Belize

Sport has always been a part of Belizean life. Although the country does not have a lot in terms of professional ...

• Banking in Belize
    Banking in Belize

Belize was once known to be a real banking haven, a place where banking secrecy was guaranteed. The situation ...

• Childcare and education in Belize
    Childcare and education in Belize

If you are moving to Belize with your family, you likely have questions about child care and education. There are ...

• Customs in Belize
    Customs in Belize

Every country regulates what can and cannot cross its borders to prevent the spread of disease, adhere to local ...

All of Belize's guide articles