Menu
Expat.com

QRP required income increase?

Last activity 05 December 2013 by Hasnaa

cbmarch

Has anyone heard there is an increase in the 2k requirement for QRP? Was on realtor site and there was a blurb that it is in the works..so buy now...LOL.  so not sure if sales tactic or this is actually in the works.  If the is an increase and we come in prior to increase, do we need to up the income in our bank or does it stay the current 2 k?  I have not been able to find this I fo anywhere.  Thanks for the help!

Johnhenry1925

Suggest that you 'go to the horse's mouth' and email Roshel Godfrey at the Belize Tourism Board :
Rgodfrey@travelbelize.org

abelizehomeforus.com

LostinBelize

I have always been confused by the answers to your question. Seems everybody here has a different amount of money to report.

I didn't use the QRP, so I'm ignorant about how that works. As a single person my first trip to immigration they asked me proof of money all they wanted was a 900bz proof. 450.00 US.

I showed them my retirement fund paperwork, they never asked me again. I also know a couple who has never been asked for proof of income.

They also did want a receipt showing how much rent I was paying. I have always wondered about that 2k amount, that may just be 2kBZ and not US.

Johnhenry1925

It is US$ 2,000 per month not BZ$. Entered the QRP in May.

abelizehomeforus.com

LostinBelize

John is that the price for a couple....or a single person?

2flyaway

the 2K US is for the program period. You can bring in your spouse and dependants with you on the program. I was just talking with Roshel last week. There was no indication of an increase in fees. There was a hint of good things coming to the program. Who knows it is government. It could be good or bad. It is government so they can change things when ever they want. As in life there are not guarantees.

I would suggest don't be rushed into buying property. From what I see around Cayo is that nothing sells fast. Of course, that does not mean your dream property won't.

cbmarch

Thanks for all the info. As usual very helpful. When there are increases in the QRP income requirements, are folks already in the program also get bumped to the new requirement?
Again, thank you so much for the info. All of you on this forum have answered so many questions, this is the only question I have had to ask. I have found e erything I have needed on the forum.

Donna Domitrek

When you do find out, please let us all know.

Thanks
Donna

lakeparkcpl
Johnhenry1925 wrote:

Suggest that you 'go to the horse's mouth' and email Roshel Godfrey at the Belize Tourism Board :
Rgodfrey@travelbelize.org

abelizehomeforus.com

Was curious to visit your website/blog; however, as type: abelizehomeforus.com does not come up as a valid url with or without the www. Is there a typo?

kristinanadreau

to lake park couple, go to the home page for this Expat.com, then go to the topic blogs and look for a home of our own.   there are a years postings and it is very friendly and informative

cbmarch

Hi Folks:

So far no reply to email to the person who would know.  I will email them again tomorrow and see if any news. According to several newspapers however, changes are coming...but no info on what. I will continue with plans to visit this summer and go from there. Personally am hoping they do not up the requirement by a whole lot. We can do it, but would sure be nice not to gut savings to move...LOL.
Have a great day!
Suzi

2flyaway

Cbmarch: from the letter I received when I  was welcomed to the program it said there were 'exciting' changes to the program in the works. All of us would not consider an increase if the monetary requirement a good thing. I have not heard of an increase in the program minimums income requirement.  Of course, who am I that I would know!

cbmarch

LOL.  Guess depends on what they consider a good surprise and change...good for them or us.  Right now is still same amount, procedure, etc.  So I will continue under that premise until I know differently.

Have a great day!
Suzi

sittee4

We saw Roshel this week, to renew our QRP status. Very quick, we had the new cards before we had completed the payment of the fee!

Roshel said that changes are coming, and they are being discussed. No time scale available.

kristinanadreau

single person

Hasnaa

Hi kristinanadreau,

Please note that your posting is quite vague.

So it would be much appreciated if you can write down more details regarding your post please. Do you have any information to share with the members?

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Articles to help you in your expat project in Belize

• Using phones in Belize
    Using phones in Belize

Belize has a national telecommunications company, Belize Telemedia, Limited, and several mobile phone companies ...

• Connecting to the internet in Belize
    Connecting to the internet in Belize

Belize enjoys decent internet coverage. Unfortunately it is slow and expensive. The country has many internet ...

• How to drive in Belize
    How to drive in Belize

In Belize, you can drive with an international driver's license, and you can often drive with a license from ...

• Where's the Beef?
    Where's the Beef?

Before visiting Belize to determine if it was a country we could permanently relocate to, we did an awful lot of ...

• Sports in Belize
    Sports in Belize

Sport has always been a part of Belizean life. Although the country does not have a lot in terms of professional ...

• Banking in Belize
    Banking in Belize

Belize was once known to be a real banking haven, a place where banking secrecy was guaranteed. The situation ...

• Childcare and education in Belize
    Childcare and education in Belize

If you are moving to Belize with your family, you likely have questions about child care and education. There are ...

• Customs in Belize
    Customs in Belize

Every country regulates what can and cannot cross its borders to prevent the spread of disease, adhere to local ...

All of Belize's guide articles