Belgium short stay visa processing time

Hello, I would want to seek advice from all of you. I have an Estonia Tourist visa in process through the Belgian consulate in my native country (Nigeria). I've read several stories on here about people's experiences with the long wait and their visa applications being forwarded to the foreigners office, as it is currently happening to me(25days today of Application submission). But my query is; my intended date of arrival in the EU area is in 7 days, but I just received the email of Application transfer to Foreigners Office, which I am sure will take more than a week for their Decision, but the difficulty here is;

My intended date of arrival to the EU territory is in 7days, but I just received the email of Application transfer to Foreigners Office, which I am sure will take more than a week for their decision, but the problem here is that I have paid hotel reservations and sightseeing tickets for the intended date, which should start in 7days time, and I have a grace period to cancel and refund if my travel date changes, but I will not be able for refund again from the first day of the intended arrival. SHOULD I CANCEL THE ITINERARY? Will it have no effect on my decision?

Please What Step should i take ?

Usually it takes several weeks to get an answer from DOFI.

@Aneesh yes i know it usually take that much time, what can i do in this scenario?

@Anonymous_user

can you update what heppened to your visa did you get it on time ? I am facing something similar so want to know

@Babitha De Ruyter what is the update on your mother visa.. did you finally get it, how much time it took for response.

@Babitha De Ruyter what is the source of this information?

I applied for "Visiting Family and Friends "Belgium visa on 10-05-24 to visit my Nephew in Brussels. I hold 4 schengen visas in the last 6 years from Danmark as I am spouse of Danish citizen. I used to go to Denmark and then from there travel all over the schengen states. I have visited Brussels 3 times in the past 5 years. All this was clearly mentioned in my application alongwith confirmed airline bookings and also hotel stays in Austria and Hungary as I was confident that there was no reason for them to reject my application. My departure from New Delhi was on 10-06-24 so there was 30 days which should have been sufficient for getting a reply. After a nerve wracking wait for 3 weeks I checked Track my Application site and found my application was rejected. The letter stated that Purpose of visit was not clear and substinence was doubtful. All this after giving confirmed itinerary and invitation letter from my Nephew and enough in bank statments to show that I can cover my costs. NEVER APPLY FROM BELGIUM EMBASSY !! The Visa department are very selective and I feel maybe even practicing racial discrimination. Better to apply from countries which are more friendly like Switzerland or Austria or France.