Help with surname

Myself and my wife got married and she took my surname, however, after all said and done we realised a little issue, the turkish characters.

I as an eu citizen have english characters

compared to the turkish ones

My i in a uppercase form would result in I however in turkish uppercase i would be İ and this is where the problem begins, when applying for marriage, I gave my passport and had to write my surname in uppercase letters I didn't think much of the turkish alphabet back then...

Anyways I have two i's in my name in uppercase resulting in I and now my wife has the turkish version of ı instead of i...

She needs to get a new passport to legally change everything however we don't know what to do with our surname to make it correct and according to English alphabet or at least know where to get the surname changed to the correct one.

@Lipsku what problem you are facing

ok let's say my surname is SMITH, when I applied for marriage with my wife, we had to write in Capital letters, so we wrote SMITH however we later on remembered after recieving our documents that in turkish alphabet if we write I it's read as ı instead of i and capital i in turkish is İ... so now her surname is smıth while mine is smith.. and we don't know if it will cause issues or whatnot and we do not know what to do.

but in my passport and id it's written as SMITH and in hers it looks the same SMITH however in lower casing it's looks completely different smıth(her) vs. smith(mine)

@Lipsku better if you change your name or change her name

Hello Lipsku,

Where did she get her passport done ? In which country are you presently residing ?

Regards

Bhavna