How to Check The Authenticity of a Turkish Residency Card

Hello friends,

If I have been issued a Turkish Residency Card through a Lawyer in Turkey, is there a way to check on line that it is a genuine card. I mean to check on line it is not a fake card.

Thank you,

https://tckimlik.nvi.gov.tr/Modul/Yaban … kNoDogrula

Thanks.. but it did not work.. I put in the details and it did not give me any details.

This was the answer: Kayıt bulunamadı.

means "record cant be found", means it is fake.

Thank you. But are you sure this is the site.. because I checked my friends residency card which he entered Turkey with few weeks ago, and the site gave the same answer, not found.

And this web site heading is "Foreign ID Number Verification" and it doesn't say Residency Card

we have a foreign employee with a card that reads:
TÜRKİYE CUMHURİYETİ İKAMET İZNİ / REPUBLIC OF TURKEY RESIDENCE PERMIT
and i used the same link to check the authenticity, it worked.

This is really very strange.. But does that employee have a Foreign ID also? Because this site could be for those who already have Foreign ID also on top of the Residency card. What do you think?

i think there is nothing else called "foreign id", we are talking about same cards.
did you use this one: https://tckimlik.nvi.gov.tr/Modul/Yaban … kNoSorgula

Thank you for this link.. the outcome was same "no record found" I am really now getting suspicious. I hope the one I have is not a fake.

Do you live in Turkey? Is there a way to call some government office to find out if this is a true or false residency card pls?

yes i live in turkey.
199 is the number to call but i dont know how to call from another country, may be +90 199 only. there are auto-reply menus with different languages.
is there any probability that you are mistayping the information into wrong input boxes?

This is actually quite common. The lawyer probably mistyped some information when they applied on your behalf for the residency card. Maybe family name or father/mother name or even date of birth. Even one incorrect letter or space means it will not show the information. You have to make sure that the information you enter on the link is the same as what was entered on the application, so my recommendation is that you ask your lawyer to send you a copy of the application and you use the exact same information. When you come to Turkey you can correct it. Another option is that you inform your lawyer that the card is showing as invalid, and they MUST look into why this is the case and resolve it.

Thank you.. but do we really need to see what was on the submitted application since I do have the residency Card already and I am entering all the details that are on it letter by letter. As all the required details on the inquiry site are written on the card itself.

Also, I check a further another card and same output, it can't be that 3 cards are fake. Maybe this is checked on a different site and not these ones.
Anyway, I found the following link which is also very helpful for you to keep since you have been very helpful. All in one page: 
https://www.nvi.gov.tr/sorgulamalar

i repeat my question: is there any probability that you are mistayping the information into wrong input boxes?
will you pls clarify what you type into each box?

What we are saying is that the information you are entering does not match the information in the system. A common error for example is that the common date format in Turkey is dd/mm/yyyy (day, month, year) in that order. Other common issues are misspellings of names (first, last, father, mother). All this information is shown on your card, so if you are entering the information correctly in the correct fields and still you are getting the same error, and you are sure none of the letters have been entered using the Turkish alphabet for example (ĞÜİŞÇÖ), then the next conclusion would be that the card is fake in which case you should refer back to your lawyer as I mentioned in my earlier response.