Menu
Expat.com

restaurants in Alanya

Last activity 26 August 2023 by Slim1398

cdw057

I do not understand that there are no Indian (or for that matter Chinese/Mexican.Thai) restaurants in Alanya. We miss that, but in high season there will be quite some interest (in any case from us) (even if permanent residents),

Bottom line, good, very good restaurants in Alanya (I am quite happy, good service), but diversion no way.

We had an Afghan restaurant close (bust), but they were VERY good and visted freqently, Iraq restaurant (soso), now Azerdbejan lets see (I remain sceptical)

Om general restaurants are good (more then sufficient), variety could be seen as an issue,

Please do not understand me, I am happy, but....

marktmorgan

@cdw057

I for one am pleased there are no indian, mexican or thai restaurants as most of the food is too spicy for me.

One of the main reasons I chose Turkey to live in as adore seafood and stews, plus I am a not a bad cook having trained in France when younger.

I know that places such as Bodrum and Kushadasi DO have chinese restaurants as have seen them touting for business around the pools of my resorts. I do chuckle at Brits coming out on a 1-2 week holiday and not being to go without their fix though! My advice would be to buy the spices (probs from the UK) and learn to cook it at home.

What I shall probably miss most is not being able to buy pork products...bacon, sausages and black pudding easily.

LoneStarGuy

Turkey is not appealing to foreign restaurant operators unlike Germany or Holland. Many European counries have immigrants all  over the WorldMexican,Thai,Peruvian and Indian immigrants welcome to Turkey in order to open Restaurants .Turkish economy to be blamed for immigration.I should have married Priyanka Chopra but too late.Joke aside British may like Indian but for American way is much more Asian,Italian and Mexican food.

cdw057

@marktmorgan Really the problem for me, no spicy food, just a topic of taste. What I like about local restaurants is that they try to accomodate (they know me and try to make things as spicy as they can)

Slim1398

I was also initially surprised at the lack of Pakistani/Indian or Chinese restaurants but having now been here for a while, I can see that there is very little demand for these cuisines from the residents in Alanya and just catering for tourists would not be enough to make it worthwhile.

It's the lack of spices I found difficult so I have bought everything I need from London.

What did astonish me was that no one in Alanya stocks proper (Spanish or Iranian) saffron but I have now discovered Trendyol has everything I need other than hot chillies and chapati flour.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Alanya

• Things to do in Türkiye
    Things to do in Türkiye

You are in for a treat if you are in Türkiye as an expat. There are lots of different leisure opportunities ...

• Food in Turkey
    Food in Turkey

Just like Türkiye and its society, Turkish cuisine bears the influence of a variety of neighboring regions ...

• Marriage in Türkiye
    Marriage in Türkiye

Türkiye, with its stunning landscapes and rich cultural heritage, has become a sought-after wedding ...

• Retire in Türkiye
    Retire in Türkiye

Türkiye, a perfect blend of history, culture, and breathtaking landscapes, is viewed by many as an ideal ...

• Relocating to Türkiye
    Relocating to Türkiye

Bringing along their cherished possessions helps many expats make themselves at home in their new country. ...

• Accommodation in Istanbul
    Accommodation in Istanbul

The largest city in Türkiye, Istanbul is one of the most popular travel destinations for foreigners. There is ...

• Working in Izmir
    Working in Izmir

Izmir is the third largest city in Türkiye. It shows buoyant activity in industry, agriculture, and services ...

• Accommodation in Izmir
    Accommodation in Izmir

Moving to Izmir? Great idea! Türkiye's third-largest city, Izmir combines the cultural and entertainment ...

All of Alanya's guide articles