Menu
Expat.com

Good neighbourhoods around kings college Alicante

Last activity 27 September 2023 by golnarparvizi

faysmith94

@Julien

hi I’m looking to move to Alicante, very new to this. However I have two small

children 2/5 looking for a good school is a must to start I have been looking at kings college Alicante, but what is the nearest neighbourhood to live with the family from that school.

Bhavna

Hello Faysmith94,

Welcome on board !

Please note that I have created a new thread from your post on the Alicante forum so that members can help you.

The school/college might be able to  provide some feedback if they have expat parents living around.

All the best

Bhavna

gwynj

@faysmith94

Alicante is a very nice city, and there are some great little towns and villages in the region too. Plus lovely beaches.

We live nearby in the UNESCO-listed city of Elche (it's actually Alicante-Elche Airport), and we like it very much.

So I'd say there are quite a few places to live, depending on your budget, and how far you're willing to drive to the school.

For example, you could be in Elche (neighbouring city), or Arenals del Sol (beachside village), or somewhere in central Alicante (easy 10 minutes drive). Even Playa de San Juan (upscale Alicante beach suburb) is potentially feasible if you're happy with a longer 30+ minutes drive.

I believe it's quite an expensive school, so that might also factor into your decision-making process. Spain has good public schools, and I'd guess that your children are young enough to integrate fairly quickly.

Idealista (dot com) is a very large online property agent. They have listings (rent/buy) all over Spain, so this is great for research so you can see what kind of properties are available for your budget in different areas.

faysmith94

Thank you for your message, very helpful.

we are looking to live nearer towards the beach and with everything close by, we would

prefer Not driving 30mins plus so thank you.

as San Juan we was looking at in the first place so this wouldn’t be great if everything’s 30mins plus away.

faysmith94

Can anyone give their thoughts on Gran Alacant?

gwynj

@faysmith94

San Juan is a very popular area, so I thought I'd mention it. But it's certainly a bit of trek to the school, so it wouldn't be my favourite option. :-)

Central and SW Alicante is very close to the school, and all downtown facilities, and not far from the port/marina, Castell de Santa Bàrbara, and Playa del Postiguet. This would be my top choice. (I think the districts are Centro, Mercado, Florida, Benalua, and there are plenty of Idealista rentals here to have a look at.)

Nearest the school are probably Arenals del Sol, Gran Alacant, and Santa Pola. Arenals del Sol is a very nice beachside place, we've been there many times. But it's probably a bit small. Santa Pola is nice too, we sometimes go to the Marina for Sunday Lunch. It's a large town, so there's a bit more life here.

If you're looking outside Alicante city, Elche might be worth considering. It's a good-sized city, just a bit smaller (and more traditionally Spanish) than Alicante, so it has all services. We live in La Torreta, which is a nice area with some very ritzy apartments and villas, but still an easy walk to centro, and close to the Rio Vinalopo trail. It's a short drive to one of the beaches too (Santa Pola, Arenals del Sol, La Marina). Certainly I much prefer living in Elche and visiting these little beach spots, rather than vice versa. :-)

golnarparvizi

@faysmith94

Hi there

I have same situation . I have two daughters 8 and 4. She went to french school in diffrent country . Now I want to take her to king’s college school in alicante. Could you tell me how is school? And I am not familiar with city. I am looking for home near to the school. Could you tell me which neighborhoods near to school that is good for living and what website should I search?

Articles to help you in your expat project in Alicante

All of Alicante's guide articles