Travelling India

Hi everyone, can anyone suggest me the cities I should visit in India?

Hi everyone, can anyone suggest me the cities I should visit in India?
-@William Brown29

Hi William Brown29, and welcome to expat.com!

Your question would be best addressed to the expat.com members in India itself(Link).

I have little doubt that you'll receive good advice there.

@Aidan in HCMC thank you

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com @William Brown29!

To enhance interaction with individuals residing in India, I have moved your post to the India forum.1f601.svg

When are you planning your visit there?

Regards,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Thanks, Cheryl. I am planning to visit in the month of November.

@William Brown29

Hi William,

I am a Canadian who has lived in India since 2015 and I travel a lot. I'm sure you have heard of the typical tourist destinations in India. Let me suggest a few alternatives.

Skip Jaipur and check out Udaipur. It is also called the Venice of India and it is quite beautiful

For wildlife I suggest Mudumalai and Bandipur Tiger Reserves (they are right next to each other). Here you can see elephants, tigers, bison etc in their natural habitat. These are not zoos or safari parks. These are protected areas where wild animals roam freely. You must go with a government approved vehicle. No private vehicles are allow into the projected areas.

For the best beaches and snorkeling in India try Andamans. It is also a very affordable place to get your Padi Open Water Certification. These islands are actually closer to Thailand that to mainland India but they belong to India. You are only permitted to visit a few of these island. I recommend Swaraj Dweep.

[Self-promotion]

Moderated by Bhavna 9 months ago
Reason : Self-promotion
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct