Menu
Expat.com

Labor Case

Last activity 05 August 2023 by Ali Abbas Al

Ali Abbas Al

I filed a complaint against my Bangali Managing Director at LMRA. He is my boss, he rents out CR Number from a Bahraini Sponsor. I filed a case due to the payment ive given him mounting around 700bd. This accumulated amount was deducted in my monthly salary. I submit a complaint and evidences of the money i sent to him for over 10 months. I didnt complain before because he threatened me that our bahraini sponsor will make problems for me once i dont agree with their terms.

I have been fed up with this system and when i talked about me leaving the job he said I have to pay him more money before they can release me. So this made me take action. I fully understand that i cannot leave the job if i didnt finish 1year. But the illegal payment has been my concern since we made an agreement that he will release me if i find a new staff to take over me.

LMRA advised me to wait for 2 to 3 weeks to follow up the case. I am just curious about the process and why would it take 2 to 3weeks before I follow up? Can someone advised me,please. Thank you.

XTang

It takes time.

Ali Abbas Al

@XTang since then I have not been going to work. Its now 5 days. Theres a big possibility that they might file a case against me for runaway?

Ive talked to LMRA about this, but the answer was unclear for me. Can they file a case against me while the settlement is not yet done?

XTang

Case has nothing with the settlement.  If you resigned formally and served out notice period, then no.  If you left without following the clauses in the contract, then yes.

Ali Abbas Al

@XTang do you know what will be the consequences of the labor case? Are they gonna pay me back the money my boss robbed from me?

XTang

I have no idea as I haven't seen your case.  Ask your lawyer.

Ali Abbas Al

Hi @XTang. The LMRA a fishy move by the employer on my system. There was a new contract uploaded in my system and the signature was forged. Obviously it was not mine ,not even closed to my signature.

If they will not settle this monday then LMRA suggested that we will have to push through for Labor Case.

Thanks for your replies.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Bahrain

All of Bahrain's guide articles