Menu
Expat.com

Travel Ban due to bank loan

Last activity 27 August 2023 by XTang

fazeel280

Hi Everyone,

I used to work here in Saudi about 6-7 years ago. I had an unsettled loan. Recently i came for Umrah. When i went to airport for my flight back to Pakistan, i was told there is a travel ban.

I figured it out after a day that it was due to loan, reached bank, got a discount and paid the amount which was today (31st July).

My travel ban is still active, i do not see anything in Absher but in Najiz i see the case open and it is showing complete old due amount (not the new agreed amount) as due, its not showing the settlement update nor it is showing the payment i made.

Is this update something that is taken care of by Bank or do i need to go to the court or Najiz ministry and have it updated? If so, what and how is the process?

Please help, i really need to leave urgently!!!

XTang

The bank will withdraw the case and it will reflect in the portal eventually.  Sorry to have to tell you that this process is NOT quick.   And this is why I always tell people, if you leave with a loan outstanding........don't ever plan on coming back.

fazeel280

Do we know approximate turn around time for this whole process?

XTang

It really varies.  A few weeks to months at times.  No way to tell.

fazeel280

Ok, hoping for the best.

Bank said 3-4 and 3-5 days at different times. Tomorrow is the 4th dayz let's see what happens. ALLAH kareem insha'a ALLAH

sam303021

Hi wer you able to go exit from saudi after paying the said amount? How many days, weeks or months after? Thank you

Kuku5

@fazeel280 hi ! Correct me if I am wrong, did you mean that you did not see any travel ban in your absher but you saw it in najiz?

Kuku5

@XTang hi Sir! Regarding the loan, for example will go final exit but with bank loan, can my partner be the one to pay monthly to the bank? Is wakala or authorization letter honored by Al rahji bank

XTang

Talk to the bank and find out.

Kuku5

@XTang in the female branch the staff said you can go final exit and have someone pay in behalf of u through sadad payment. Just make sure that you will not let the payment fail for 3 consecutive months. On the other hand, the male branch said should pay all before leaving, so it is confusing. Anyhow, police clearance and final exit visa is already issued for my friend. The question is will she be hold in the immigration due to this loan?

XTang

If final exit has been issued then no. 

Kuku5

@XTang ok Sir. Thank you so much. How about the credit card does she need to close it or no?

XTang

Not to leave.  But for good financial security, get it blocked.

Kuku5

@XTang hi sir. You mean credit card must be closed?

carlosmiguel1988

@XTang sir can i ask a question to you? Its okay to go vacation for 1 month in my home country while i still have loans in tabby and mobily plan ?

Note: i pay it on time and i dont have problem with my absher. I just  want to know if imigration will not stop me in the airport ?thank you sir

XTang

No

carlosmiguel1988

@XTang sir, what you mean no ?

XTang

I mean no, there won't be issues if the loan hasn't gone into recovery.

carlosmiguel1988

@XTang so, theres no problem to go vacation while i have loans in tabby and mobily plan?.i will be back after 21 days only..

XTang

Read above.  I have already answered you multiple times.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles