Menu
Expat.com

Dependant visa for spouse

Last activity 31 January 2024 by PangeaWorldwide

Fathima2023

Hi people.

Is there anyone who applied for dependant visa for their spouse recently and it was successful? Just wanted to know that I'm ready for the appointment and there is no surprises.

godwinkanagaraj14

Hi

Dependent visa has to pay levy fees?

venkisunil

Hi,

Yes. There are couple of fees we have to pay.

1. Labor importation fee. SAR 2000 per family. This you have to pay before applying for the Visa at istiqdam.

2. Dependant/Alien fee. Which is SAR 400 for each person every month. This has to be paid after your family arrives in Saudi and applying for iqama (resident id). First 90 days, dependent fee is not collected by default.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Sunil

venkisunil

@Fathima2023

There are 14 point chart in every istiqdam office. You can find it in google reviews of any istiqdam office.

Make sure you have fulfilled all 14 points at the time of appointment.

Make sure you have the arabic translation copies of your qualification, marriage, birth certificates.

Pay the fees under Sadad payments for labor importation and not Alien control.

All the best!

Regards,

Sunil

Engrnew

@venkisunil

Thanks for these explanations.

Now, my concern is this:

I am planning to bring my family (wife and 2 kids). I got the 14-point checklist, and I am currently trying to fulfill all its requirements.

Please, the dependent fe is really confusing to me. Upon their arrival,

1. how long does it take for me to pay for the dependent fee and from what date does the counting start precisely? From their first day in the kingdom or after 90 days?
  2. Do I need to pay the amount as a lump sum for a 1-year period, or can I pay every quarter?

I would really appreciate these clarifications as it would help me make the necessary financial preparedness.

Thank you.

Fathima2023

1. The first 90 days are free. Payment starts after the 90 days. All the payment is done instantly, so it won't take time.

2. The dependant fees need to be paid till your Iqama expiry date. I'm not sure if the first time you can pay in installments.

PangeaWorldwide

@Engrnew Counting starts from the day they enter in KSA.

Secondly, you can pay 3 months, 6 months ,9 months ,12 months and the dependents iqama will be issued/renewed for that period.

Thanks,

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles