Menu
Expat.com

Medical Insurance LTR visa

Last activity 05 February 2024 by scbrock

Travelerusa

@scbrock

If you come in on a 60 or 90 day visa it is s tourist visa. it is not a Non-  Immigrant Visa. just because they did not ask does nit negate  the immigration requirement. Check the source - Thai Embassy in your country website / Visa Section.

Leeds forever!

@scbrock90 day visa is a tourist visa. it is not a Non-Immigrant visa:Notice the requirements from Thai Embassy Visa section: Passport Biodata Page or Travel Document (Must be valid within 6 months from travel date)Photograph of the applicant, taken within the past six monthsDocument indicating current location (driving license, bank statement, or proof of stay)Flight itinerary to Thailand and depart from Thailand. The itinerary must include the applicant's name, travel dates, airports, and flight numberProof of accommodation in Thailand, e.g. Accommodation bookings, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand        -@Travelerusa

There's no 90 days visa. The 90 days Non-immigrant O visa based on retirement is not a tourist visa. There's only two tourist visas, the 60 days single entry and the 60 days multiple entry. Have you even applied for a visa to Thailand? Stop posting nonsense.

Travelerusa

@SKumar48

just remember to ask for the exclusion page. Most Thai insurance once you read the excludion really leave you speechless. Nobidy every asked - then its to late.

Travelerusa

@SKumar48

Firgot to mention must be 50 or over to apply for LTR-P, OA, O Visa types. if under 50 then try Elite Visa.

Leeds forever!

@SKumar48
Firgot to mention must be 50 or over to apply for LTR-P, OA, O Visa types. if under 50 then try Elite Visa.

-@Travelerusa

You forgot to mention that the sun sets in the west.

Travelerusa

@Leeds forever!

1. All my money stsys in my country where banks are fully insured. Thai Banks if they go under are insured for very little. Thus you lose 800K
  2. The insurance is the principle. I had no issue presenting a blanket insurance coverage letter for the LTR-P. The insurance requirement is new for the OA Visa. Never had to jump through the hoops before. The big issue is its a total wast of money once you read the Exclusion page from  those listed as the only approved providers for OA, where most likely someone is getting a kick back. It would cost between $850 to $1,200 for a 1 year policy. if I already have insurance from my company I retired from, in which, I do pay into it - it seems to me like a waist of money and immigration / Thailand trying to get sonething for nothing and getting a hugh kick back. You dont have this issue with the LTR or the O. So, it’s the principle not the money. People think if you have an LTR you stupid rich and just buy whatever. I did not get wear I am today by spending or investing on shit products and service. Above all, I actially live very frugail. I just woke up one day and realized I was blessed more than most. So, I am enjoying life. This is why I dont live in m expensive country. Sure, I can go out for a $50 dinner but why when I cam move to Thailand and get the same dinner for $20. You will also see once in Thailand they have two pricing system. One for foreigners and one for Thais. Its not financially a big deal, however, its the principle. People would call that racist if we did it to them. Again, if in Thailand have you Thai GF or Friend negotiate big transactions for you or you will by 3 times the amount. Again, not a big deal, unless your have a big transaction or purchase thats a big deal.
Travelerusa

@Leeds forever!

Some hospitals have better equipment but also to fond the best doctor.

Leeds forever!

@Leeds forever!All my money stsys in my country where banks are fully insured. Thai Banks if they go under are insured for very little. Thus you lose 800KThe insurance is the principle. I had no issue presenting a blanket insurance coverage letter for the LTR-P. The insurance requirement is new for the OA Visa. Never had to jump through the hoops before. The big issue is its a total wast of money once you read the Exclusion page from  those listed as the only approved providers for OA, where most likely someone is getting a kick back. It would cost between $850 to $1,200 for a 1 year policy. if I already have insurance from my company I retired from, in which, I do pay into it - it seems to me like a waist of money and immigration / Thailand trying to get sonething for nothing and getting a hugh kick back. You dont have this issue with the LTR or the O. So, it’s the principle not the money. People think if you have an LTR you stupid rich and just buy whatever. I did not get wear I am today by spending or investing on shit products and service. Above all, I actially live very frugail. I just woke up one day and realized I was blessed more than most. So, I am enjoying life. This is why I dont live in m expensive country. Sure, I can go out for a $50 dinner but why when I cam move to Thailand and get the same dinner for $20. You will also see once in Thailand they have two pricing system. One for foreigners and one for Thais. Its not financially a big deal, however, its the principle. People would call that racist if we did it to them. Again, if in Thailand have you Thai GF or Friend negotiate big transactions for you or you will by 3 times the amount. Again, not a big deal, unless your have a big transaction or purchase thats a big deal.         -@Travelerusa

You're totally clueless. Thai banks are in better condition than most banks in the US and the deposit guarantee is higher than the 800k. Stay in the US,ok? You dont seem fit to stay here.

Travelerusa

@Leeds forever!

sure - what ever you say. I am here in Thailand for the last 16 years. Not sure where you are.

Travelerusa

Go ahead and load up in a Thai bank. Fact check:

From August 11, 2021 Thai Baht Deposits are protected under the Deposit Protection Agency Act up to a maximum of one million baht per on. Do you know how million baht us? Do you know the limits of FDIC in America?

GuestPoster371

I'm just sitting here eating my popcorn....😊

Leeds forever!

Go ahead and load up in a Thai bank. Fact check:From August 11, 2021 Thai Baht Deposits are protected under the Deposit Protection Agency Act up to a maximum of one million baht per on. Do you know how million baht us? Do you know the limits of FDIC in America?         -@Travelerusa

You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer. You never convert baht to any other currency. We're using baht here,not USD. 1 million baht is a very large sum in Thailand and common thai people don't have a lot saved. A very small percentage has more than 1 million baht in savings. You should think before you speak. Like I said, stay in the US.

scbrock

@Leeds forever!

So it was canceled shortly after the last time I arrived here. Well, that makes sense.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Thailand

All of Thailand's guide articles