Menu
Expat.com

Termination during probation - exit visa / iqama question

Last activity 06 June 2024 by AyHa

robertius

I have been terminated during probation.  I have a one week notice period and my company has already let me know they will be applying for an exit visa for me which I think gives me about 1 month to go home!

my preferred strategy would be to stay in the red hot Saudi economy and get a new and more suitable job.

question one - does my company require to issue an exit visa or could they legally let me see out the rest of my iqama - which has a year to go - while I find a new job - and then transfer the iqama to the new employer? 

Question two - assuming the company do issue the exit visa and then by some miracle I find another job quickly in saudi - can my company still transfer my iqama and cancel the exit visa? 

(The Saudi visa process took ages!  I’d hate to do it again.)

apologies I’m sure it’s a stupid question.  I’m very new and would love some guidance.

Mohammed Khawaja

Hello I hope you doing good, yes they can.

the only solution I can see immediately go to Labour Office and file a complain against the company since they brought you from your country and they did not comply with contract although in probation period they have the right.

abdullahsocjed

In probation period, any party can terminate the contract. You can request your company to give you release and transfer your iqama to the new company.

Joshjacob051987

@abdullahsocjed.  Hi sir I have a question, if the contract is only first party can terminate..  Can I terminate the contract during probition time?

Yeoj Dnal Ecyoj Areved

@Joshjacob051987yes you can any parties can terminate the contract during provision period and it depends what are the grounds why?

Joshjacob051987

@Yeoj Dnal Ecyoj Areved I can cancel it even the contract is written that only first party can cancel?  As long as it's on 90 days probition?

Joshjacob051987

@Yeoj Dnal Ecyoj Areved  I work only 10 days in that company.  I'm afraid to terminate the contract because it's says only one party can terminate and if I terminate I will pay 5000 sar,  and I'm wondering also they renew my iqama

AyHa

May I ask a help here. I am a local hired and my contract was terminated under probationary period. This employer emailed me that I need to transfer my kafala within 2weeks starting the date of termination or else they will file a legal action for me. My question is, what action they can do for me as I’m hired from here? another question is, how many days is alloted for me to find a new kafeel until they can make legal action againts me? and can they file an exit visa for me even I am a local hired?

Ali_N

@AyHa There's no special treatment for local hires. They can do what they want as long as it is legal. I'd suggest you find another sponsor/ company and transfer at the earliest as it during probation.

AyHa

@Ali_N my previous employer emailed me that I need to transfer my iqama sponsor within 2weeks or else they will make a legal action. I found a new sponsor but for now they said that their system is down and it will have a little delayed for my transfer and it will take more than 2weeks. is it possible that my previous employer can do bad for me like example provide me an exit visa even just after 2weeks of termination?

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles