Menu
Expat.com

best places to visit in the philippines

Last activity 17 October 2023 by AlbertaDonuts

jnd1030

I want to visit the Philippines but would like to know the best to visit ?

malhotrashayla109

@jnd1030 you go best in visayan island and you can also try other provinces like my province so many are historical places here.😅 so many are beach resorts..

malhotrashayla109

@jnd1030you go around visayan island mostly tourist people went there to spend their vacation and if you want more places to explore, you can visit other provinces like my province there a lot of historical places here, many beach resorts as well..god bless!

FindlayMacD

There are plenty of nice places to go the main thing to know is Manila is only good for one thing, a stopover after a long flight in my opinion, so make a plan for where you are going to go after you reach Manila, then just fly in and fly out and do the same on your way home.

stellanatividad

@jnd1030 which one do you like the most? beach or mountains?

Enzyte Bob

jnd1030 asked. . . . I want to visit the Philippines but would like to know the best to visit ?

It all depends what Best is. Taxi from Clark International Airport to Angeles City is P180/230 in nine minutes.

(Best) and only for the many visitors is Angeles City. What happens in Angeles City may travel home with you, so bring your galoshes.

Lotus Eater

@Enzyte Bob

Taxi from Clark International Airport to Angeles City is P180/230 in nine minutes.

And in the bars that rate is per minute

Andy_1963

If you arrive in Manila, spend a full day in the center. Intramuros and the castle are nice to see. In the evening you can watch the sunset near the US embassy (Dolomite beach) or at the Mall of Asia.

For the rest of your time you can take a plane to Boracay (nice beaches) or Bohol with the picturesque landscape. 

You can also fly to El Nido or Palawan.

Greetings from Boracay

Andy

bigpearl

To the OP, welcome to the forum, great you ask here, the people that live here, but can I ask what you actually look for? The girls? The rubber or the scenery here?

Google will be your best friend and then some. A one week or 6 month visit? flying into? What are your expectations? Don't expect too much Dorothy, not in Kansas here, good luck and wish you well.

Cheers, Steve.

Lotus Eater

@bigpearl

but can I ask what you actually look for? The girls? The rubber or the scenery here?

Valid questions Steve. Often though newbies to the Forum can be shall we say ’hesitant’ to divulge their true intentions.

It helps if the OP would qualify what he means by ’best’ Does he mean time of year? Islands, cities, regular bars etc

It’s sad to say but for many first timers the experience will resemble slaves being thrown to the lions in Roman times in the theatrical colisseums. ( Manila of course has the Aranetta Colisseum)  where I have done many a report for the London Jazz station ’Jazz FM’ alas for music as opposed to slayings.

More often than not I recognise the OP types at the baggage carousel at Ninoy Aquino and think ’ here we go again’

mugteck

I want to visit the Philippines but would like to know the best to visit ?

-@jnd1030

According to your info, you are already living in the Philippines.   Perhaps if you told us where you are living we could be more helpful.

Moon Dog

The "best to visit" depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for something to do with pretty young girls you can find plenty of that in the big cities, and the small barangays to a lesser extinct. I can't fault you for that since I did plenty of it in my younger days.

I was born on a small farm in West Virginia. My dad raised  all of the meat and vegetables we ate using a team of horses. My mom churned butter, made cottage cheese and real butter milk. I long for those days. I mingle with the Filipinos here in the Visayas seeing how closely they parallel my childhood experiences. As the twig is bent so grows the tree.

I've seen enough in the Philippines so I'm moving on to the next chapter of my life. I just purchased a property in West Virginia which is a stone's throw from the holler (barangay) where I was born. My life has gone full circle it seems.

Enzyte Bob

Moon DOG said. . . . I've seen enough in the Philippines so I'm moving on to the next chapter of my life. I just purchased a property in West Virginia which is a stone's throw from the holler (barangay) where I was born. My life has gone full circle it seems.

Are you leaving?

Lotus Eater

@Moon Dog

so I'm moving on to the next chapter of my life.

With or without the Mrs? Was it the Karaoke bar next door? 1f641.svg

martyn27

@jnd1030

what do you want to do/see/experience?

Bats – Samal Island or Puerto Galera

Boat trips – El Nido

Caving / Spelunking - Kapalong

Forest birds – Subic Bay or Negros Oriental

Fresh fish (ocean fish) – Davao or Siargao

Fresh fruits – Baguio or Davao

Game fishing – Siargao or Santa Ana (Cagayan)

History – Manila or Davao

Island hopping – El Nido

Rum – Bacolod (dark) or Gigaquit (white)

Sailing - Puerto Galera (big boats) or Taal Lake (Hobie 16)

Scuba Diving – Puerto Galera or Apo Reef

Snorkeling – Busuanga

Sunrise – Mati

Sunset – Coron or Boracay

Surfing – Siargao or Baler

Ultra-light Flying – Pampanga or Siagao

Volcanoes – Camiguin or Albay

White water rafting – Davao or Cagayan de Oro

Wellsfry

@Moon Dog. Really?  Moving back to U.S.??

bigpearl

@Moon Dog

That was sudden and very unexpected, are you teasing us or serious? Did we miss a play on words?

Honestly after all you have built and created here is the envy of many,,,, I have dibs on your little solar house for the kids.

Your not serious I hope, why?

Cheers, Steve.

Moon Dog

@Lotus Eater

The move was the wife’s idea, even the location. She fell in love with WV during our camping trips there. I found a house we could both agree on just outside the small town of Rainelle which is one of my dad’s old stomping grounds so it’s all good. The town has 1,500 people and the crime rate is about zero. It is probably a good place to raise the 2 kids she is adopting. Her brother’s wife is spitting out babies left and right so she gave us a couple and my wife doesn’t want the kids growing up in the Philippines. I’ll go in a couple months and she will travel when the adoption is completed.

The karaoke bar isn’t much of a problem these days. I make sure they obey the curfew and I have a lot of support from the PNP. If she is not shut down at 10:01 I make the call and the PNP is there in 5 minutes with sirens blaring which I enjoy watching. She lost most of her customer base and had to take a nursing job and so there is no more karaoke in the daytime. She just installed a peso Wi-Fi machine and the prostitutes are staying busy selling lottery tickets and meat during the day.

Moon Dog

@bigpearl

We made the decision to establish a base camp in the US. We will be back on occasional visits. The house will be my legacy here in the province. The locals will tell stories over pitchers of tuba about the mysterious American who came and built a mansion then left as quietly as he came.

Moon Dog

@Wellsfry Yeah, I guess I'm a lot like my dad, he couldn't stay in one place for very long.

Moon Dog

@Enzyte Bob I'm leaving in a few months.

Enzyte Bob

Moon Dog said. . . . She lost most of her customer base and had to take a nursing job and so there is no more karaoke in the daytime. She just installed a peso Wi-Fi machine and the prostitutes are staying busy selling lottery tickets and meat during the day.

I guess the terminology is correct, prostitutes selling meat.

Moon Dog

Moon Dog said. . . . She lost most of her customer base and had to take a nursing job and so there is no more karaoke in the daytime. She just installed a peso Wi-Fi machine and the prostitutes are staying busy selling lottery tickets and meat during the day.
I guess the terminology is correct, prostitutes selling meat.       

-@Enzyte Bob

I should have clarified, prostitutes selling "fresh" meat.

jnd1030

hello,

i like both i love to explore the country and love mother nature as well beaches.

coach53

hello,
i like both i love to explore the country and love mother nature as well beaches.

-@jnd1030

Then Palawan, Palawan and Palawan  smile.png

voted among the best islands in the world several times.

Much different nature types at different parts.

Nice inland "everywhere" except where there are mines.

underground river

some history as a castle since it became Spanish colony

Tabon cave where remains of one of the first habitants were found. My business partner is decendant  smile.png  =tribe.

Some of tribe people live modern, while some live as stone age (except have traded bolo (as machete).

world famous diving

river rafting

cheap beaches if avoid tourist parts in north...

AlbertaDonuts

If you arrive in Manila, spend a full day in the center. Intramuros and the castle are nice to see. In the evening you can watch the sunset near the US embassy (Dolomite beach) or at the Mall of Asia.
For the rest of your time you can take a plane to Boracay (nice beaches) or Bohol with the picturesque landscape. 
You can also fly to El Nido or Palawan.
Greetings from Boracay
Andy

-@Andy_1963

Great advice.  I asked many Filipinos in Canada where I should visit before my first trip.  The first response from all of them was either Palawan, El Nido (which is in Palawan), or Boracay.  These are beautiful places.  There is so much more to the Philippines but this is a great place to start.

Unless you like big dirty cities, avoid Manila... sorry.  You can fly into Cebu and then travel to Palawan or Boracay... that would be my suggestions.  Get out of the big tourist destinations and meet some people, it is a beautiful country with a friendly culture.

Donald

AlbertaDonuts

@Moon Dog

Very sorry to see you leave.  I do write sometimes but I read a lot here and have enjoyed your postings, your experience and the back and forth discussions.  Wishing you all the best.  Hmmm maybe I can make you an offer on your mansion.  lol.

Canadian moving to the Phills.

Donald

Articles to help you in your expat project in the Philippines

All of the Philippines's guide articles