Lebanese spouse of a Belgian- Visa D

Hi everyone,

My situation is a bit complex and any advice on this would be great!

I'm belgian and my husband is Lebanese, he has applied for his visa D family reunification visa beginning of October 2023,

I'm having difficulties following up his application process, do you know where I can get that info?

In addition to that, as the situation in Lebanon is currently very unsafe in a fear of a war breaking, I am wondering if there is a fast way to get my husband fly to belgium before a decision on his visa has been made.

Problem is, I have not yet registered our marriage in Belgium and all papers are with the immigration office who take time to reply, in addition that his passport has also been given to the immigration office so he doesn't have a travel document.

Any advice?

thanks you all

@nadine dekmak

Hi Nadine, probably at this stage you still cannot track the progress of the file. As it was submitted only this month, most probably the file is still in the embassy in Lebanon. It will have to be transferred to the IBZ "Office des étrangers" here in Belgium who will take the decision. Once the file is transferred and registered with the IBZ you should be able to track it on this website: https://dofi.ibz.be/en/themes/faq/visa/ … pplication

I do not honestly know if there is a way to accelerate the process. I have applied for a family reunification visa for my wife back in 2021 and the process took around 3 months. We are both Lebanese but I had a work permit visa so she was able to join with a family reunification visa. Given that you are Belgian, maybe the process can be faster, but honestly I am not sure.

Check on the above link if the file is already with the IBZ. If it is the case, there is a number for the IBZ, try to call them and see if there is a way to accelerate due to the current situation.

I hope this answers could be useful for you and best of luck :)