My Name is Sarah and I am in pursuit of moving to Kenya some Day

I am so grateful for this forum to introduce myself and reach out to all who have had experience in moving from the USA to Kenya. Its been a life long dream of mine.

@svalentinephotos I am so glad you'll be living one of your dreams. ***

Moderated by Bhavna 6 months ago
Reason : Promoting your own services is not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Sarah,

It's good that you're  finally fulfilling  your dream, but take your time, Kenya right now, isn't  the Kenya most people knew, I'm not discouraging you either. Just have plan B. All the best and hope all goes well for you

Hello everyone,

@svalentinephotos perhaps you could ask some more precise questions so that Kats can enlighten you on the subject.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Kats

Well said, my first thought when I saw the post was WHY?

I had all the plans in place..but I cancelled them.

Kenya at this time is not good.

But at the end of the day it's your choice.

Best of luck in whatever you do.

Not do bad just pay a visit

My advice would be to wait for a couple of months. Kenya is going through a tough time because of the high cost of living. Crime is at high. ..as much as I love Kenya I would tell you to wait and see.

Best of luck

Kuldip

What are you talking about. has there been several mass shooting.  are the police killing people in traffic stops?   

cost of living is high everywhere.. so tell me again why we should not come to kenya now?

i cant wait to get there; it wont be easy… but  i also wont be black… and thats priceless

@kuldipkenya how is Kenya not a good place to be??

In kenya we are really peaceful, there are no crimes as you are saying.

Dear @Nyerere, I have been living in Kenya for 13 years, are you living in Kenya? A new study now shows that the crime rate in Kenya is one of the highest on the African Continent. A research commissioned by Global Initiative Against Transnational Crime shows Kenya is a near hub for terrorism, human trafficking, and money laundering. there are 9 homicides committed per day in Kenya against 1.65 per day in UK. Nairobi CBD is a slightly unsafe place during the day, and a totally unsafe one at night. That doesn't prevent Kenyans and Kenya to be an enjoyable place to live, providing you respect a few security rules.

@alexztyupa Compare Kenya to USA. I hae lived in Nairobi since i was born, i haven't heard of people being shot at or being stubbed in the streets. We are very peaceful people. Don't try to turnish our name.

If you have stayed in kenya for 13years yet you are not dead or not planning to return home, why do you want to discourage another person??

I would say a great time to come to Kenya considering the strength of the US dollar.

I have recently relocated to Mombassa where I prefer the tropical climate.

I feel quite safe here and enjoy the laid back environment.

@kuldipkenya this is the best time for tourists to visit kenya  since dolar exchange to kes is at their advantage