Income certificates for Thai Citizens

Hi Guys,

Hoping I can get some advice on this.

I have been supporting my wife(soon to be ex-wife) in Thailand for 4 years now. I should be able to claim her as  a dependant on my Tax form & receive a significant sum in tax relief.   

However the Tax office in my country - Ireland,  requires proof of my wife has no income in Thailand.

They are looking for a "Income Tax certificate" or "Tax Statement" from the Thai Tax office.

My wife is a complete muppet, and she has zero idea how to get this certificate.

Any ideas on how to approach this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Guys,Hoping I can get some advice on this.I have been supporting my wife(soon to be ex-wife) in Thailand for 4 years now. I should be able to claim her as  a dependant on my Tax form & receive a significant sum in tax relief.   However the Tax office in my country - Ireland,  requires proof of my wife has no income in Thailand.They are looking for a "Income Tax certificate" or "Tax Statement" from the Thai Tax office. My wife is a complete muppet, and she has zero idea how to get this certificate. Any ideas on how to approach this would be greatly appreciated.        -@Jim Walsh

Proof of having an income or not has actually nothing to do with the Revenue Department in Thailand. A very high percentage of thai people are not even registered at the local revenue office and don't have a TIN = Tax Identification Number. They can still work in for example restaurants,hotels or bars and have a steady (but low) income,but they're paid in cash and they're not paying any taxes. Maybe it's possible to talk to the local revenue office,but obtaining a certificate of sorts showing no official income might be difficult.

@Leeds forever!

Okay, thanks for answering m8.

Normally the european countries base this information on an auto self certification or a certificate issued by your Revenue or Tax office there, stating The absence of income in your country, being she married to you and registered in Ireland I suppose.

Did you get in touch with the Thai embassy there?

@Maxi Mari

Contacting the Embassies sounds like a great idea.

I shall do so next week. Thank you.

We were married and registered in Thailand.

The advice I've been given is the marriage is offical in Thailand, the Irish government doesn't make a distinction.

@Maxi Mari
Contacting the Embassies sounds like a great idea.
I shall do so next week. Thank you.
We were married and registered in Thailand.
The advice I've been given is the marriage is offical in Thailand, the Irish government doesn't make a distinction.

-@Jim Walsh

Contacting the Thai Embassy is just a waste of time. They have nothing to do with the Revenue Department and any income what so ever earned in Thailand,they belong to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

If you want, and if you can get, such a statement you can only get that at the Tax office in the area where you live or the person you want the declaration from her/his living area

Since you state your wife is a muppet, this could be quite and adventure....1f601.svg