Ice Skating in Hungary

Happy winter season to all!

( Well in a few weeks that is)

I wondered if anyone has tried ice skating at Balaton Lake?

I know the last few winters it wasn't really cold enough to take a chance on the lake but never know, maybe this year will be better for skating?

Is there any ice skating on Lake Velence?

We see this Friday they are opening up a skating rink in Deak Ter for 2,000 per session or day.

Does anyone know where to purchase one of those skating sleds where one can either sit on or push around for support while skating?

My 76 year old husband plans on checking out the rink at Deak Ter but as I have many issues with my knees I'm not sure it's smart or safe for me to even look at the ice let alone try skating on it.

I have a pair of nice skates that I've never used and would love to  use if I could get over the fear of messing up my knees or falling and breaking a hip.

I last skated for the first and only time in Boston in 1975.

Didn't fall of run into anyone.

My FIL used to skate all the time in the city park well into his mid 80's.

I think with the aid of a sled to hold onto I'd give skating a try this season.

Sucide or not.

Happy winter season to all!
( Well in a few weeks that is)
I wondered if anyone has tried ice skating at Balaton Lake?
I know the last few winters it wasn't really cold enough to take a chance on the lake but never know, maybe this year will be better for skating?
Is there any ice skating on Lake Velence?
We see this Friday they are opening up a skating rink in Deak Ter for 2,000 per session or day.
Does anyone know where to purchase one of those skating sleds where one can either sit on or push around for support while skating?
My 76 year old husband plans on checking out the rink at Deak Ter but as I have many issues with my knees I'm not sure it's smart or safe for me to even look at the ice let alone try skating on it.
I have a pair of nice skates that I've never used and would love to  use if I could get over the fear of messing up my knees or falling and breaking a hip.
I last skated for the first and only time in Boston in 1975.
Didn't fall of run into anyone.
My FIL used to skate all the time in the city park well into his mid 80's.
I think with the aid of a sled to hold onto I'd give skating a try this season.
Sucide or not.

-@Marilyn Tassy

There's usually a small skating rink at Decathlon in Budaors.  It's pretty small but if I remember correctly, it's got bars all the way around to hold on to.  I thought those bar things to hold onto while practicing were for rent at the rinks.

I doubt it'll get cold enough at Balaton.  Hasn't been cold enough for a few years and it's got to be quite thick to be safe.  We'd need like sustained -10C for a week or two I suppose to really get it to freeze over. 

I've seen those push sled things at the city park but they are some sort of little pink childrens thing. It looked like a pink animal , not sure some fantasy one.

It would be too much for me to push one around or have my husband pushing me around in one.

Totally would look the fool. ( Don't need any extra help with that!)

Who am I kidding anyways? I'm lucky in cold weather to not have my knees getting stiff and cracky!

Have to ,"lube" up on vitamins and oils to keep the joints going smoothly.

Like an old car!!

Always the dreamer...

Holding onto thge side of the rink... makes me think of a story my mother told us about my father.

They went skating on a date. He pretended he didn't know how to skate by holding onto the rails, grabbing my mother and skating all rickety.

This went on for a long while, she really thought he was new at skating.

Out of the blue, he takes off skaing backwards, doing turns and  spins .

They clear way for him on the rink because everyone wants to watch him skate.

The joke was on my mother.

My father was a semi-pro skater before the war. He was good enough in his late teens that Sonja Henie scouted him to perform with her in an exibition at Madison Square Gardens.

Well , what a bust.

My husband never mentioned skating today...

Guess he thought the better of it.