Change of employer with Single Permit - Onbepaalde Duur?

Hi,

I have a single permit with unlimited duration (onbepaalde duur) from Flanders, so it is not tied to a specific company. As far as I know, I should be able to change jobs like a Belgium citizen: resign, and after notice period, start to your new job. No need for additional paperwork.

Last week, an HR person from a company I applied told me that there is still some paperwork to hire me which may take two months. I am very surprised. I think she is not right. Can somebody confirm?

I couldn't find any official page for "change of employer procedure" specifically for single permit onbepaalde duur. Only info I find is for procedure for those with regular single permit  ("beperkt", limited)

Thanks!

I also have the same type of permit (single permit with unlimited duration), and as far as I know it is possible to change employers without additional paperwork. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who has changed jobs, so I can confirm that it is indeed possible from a real example.

I already extended the residence permit (A card) once with this type of single permit, and everything that was necessary was completed by me personally in the municipality, and my company had nothing to do with it (unlike last years when the company had to apply for the extension). I don't know what the company needs to do for you since the A card says arbeidsmarkt: onbeperkt and the information about the company is not written on your A card

I hope this is just a mistake of people in administration of your future company, but I'm interested to know how your case will end.

Please share your experience when you know more information