Doctors and dentists in Brittany

Hello all, just wanted to ask anyone if they know of a doctor and dentist taking on new patients in Brittany. I live in 22 and have for the past 3 years. I had a doctor who retired in June and didn't help me to find another. And I find myself now without a doctor even though I have a heart condition that needs daily medication. I have tried everywhere and no-one will take me on. I have had to go to a pharmacy to get a prescription but I can't apply for reimbursement because I don't have a doctor. I am stressed over it xnd don't know what to do or where to turn for help, I am 74 and recently had a cold which took 5 weeks to go away, because I couldn't get help. Does anyone know who can help me as I am desperate. I would appreciate any help I can get, thank you.

Hi,

Sadly, that is a situation many people find themselves in (“les deserts medicaux”, medical deserts).

A quick google search recommends checking the Annuaire de Sante de l'Assurance Maladie.  And then I guess calling them to see who will take on new patients.  I have had that exact experience in the US.

Now, I know there are lots of factors such as the distance and whether you can drive there but did you try that?

HTH

Have you contacted or visited your nearest CPAM?

the best thing you can do is to go to the nearest "urgence", they will help you out with everything you need

This is awful.

I hope you get the attention you deserve.