New members of the Dominican Republic forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

@dmaclennan11

Welcome! I'm in LT, full-time here for almost 4 years now. reach out if you have any LT-specific questions.

Thanks for reaching out.

My wife and I recently relocated to LT from California.  We will certainly use you as a resource as we navigate our way through this special town!

thanks again!

Thanks for reaching out.
My wife and I recently relocated to LT from California.  We will certainly use you as a resource as we navigate our way through this special town!
thanks again!

-@dwightjackson53

Will be interested in your thoughts since LT is the favorite right now for us.

@scs72 The key is finding the right immigration lawyer to assist you. Lishili Baez, in Santo Domingo is truly outstanding. I know at least a dozen people who rave over her services. If you've not yet finished your process, let me know if you want her contact information.

@VallyDo

hello

can you send the attorney contact info to me please? thanks

Welcome everyone. Can we please keep this to welcomes and introductions. This helps us keep subjects together in the various threads for future users. 

Thanks!

@Bill6

Currently in Cabarete for the week, until June 1.  Let me know if anyone is up for meeting on this trip.

Welcome all new comers!

@planner I'm Xavier  Seeking to visit the Domican Repblic as long as possible

@Julien

Hello everyone

My name is Beverley and my little dog Annie Oakley and I moved here in March. I am Canadian/American. Came here from Arizona

I am trying to learn the language but everything is so different.  I am very tempted to move back but the weather here is so perfect👍 it is low season so there is hardly anyone around where I live.

Hope everyone has a great day😀

Welcome to the forums!  The first two years can be challenging. Lots of help here in the various threads!

@Beverley Joan welcome!!!! I have  same problem with language 🙀

@VallyDo  could you please also send her information to me?  thank you in advance 🙏

Welcome! i am in LT and have had a house here for 18 years which I am selling - it is listed on this website. It's 350 meters from the playa bonita beach entrance. Love it here, but it's time for me to sell. Any advice is welcome. I'm working with brokers, have friends with advice, and use the well known DR law firm that has an office in LT. I have an updated deed and deslinda and i speak Spanish. Dms are welcome too!

Hello everyone! my husband and I are Canadians hoping to retire in the DR legally in the near future. We are just beginning to gather all the documentation required. I have spoken with Wilson Rood, a lawyer who was recommended on this forum at some point.  We have been to the Sosua/Cabarete area and recently spent a month in Dominicus/Bayahibe where we enjoyed the small-town feel.  City living is not for us, we need quiet and proximity to a beach.  Our budget restricts our options for the moment so not sure where is the right place for us. Any insights from residents would be helpful and appreciated. Also personal experiences with health care companies from any of you would be helpful.   Thank you all for sharing on this forum; it has already been very helpful to us so far.

@planner

HELLO EVERYONE! my name is Paola and i am planning to move DR! i ve been there few times and have friends from there. i speak italian Spanish and english so no problem with the language. i am ineterested to follow conversation about how to open a business/club/ restaurant there!   thanks Paola

@Beverley Joan

Agree with planner the first couple of  years will be challenging and an adjustment. Read throughout all the topics and threads for other suggestions and experiences.

There will be many "1 day at a time" moments

@rfortinsz

Buying a house. Can you give me the name, number and location of the real estate attorney?

Wow welcome all the new members.  Remember we keep this thread for intros and welcomes.

To newbies try searching for the info you need or start reading the pinned threads!

Hey, I'm Celio. I'm an entrepreneur with digital business(es) and D.R catched my attention because of Kitesurfing.

I spent a month in Cabarate and 6 months in Las Terrenas.

Now starting the Investment Residence VISA, and looking for an expat community and not sure where if: LT, Cabarete or Punta.

Hi!

Living in Canada, just started a recent relationship with a man who lives and works in Punta Cana.

Depending on how things go I'd be looking to relocate in a few years once my youngest daughter is old enough to go off to University.

I am almost finished teachers college and  I'd love to teach in  Punta Cana or LA Romana.

Welcome to our new members!!! Lots of great info in the various threads!

Hello from SC. My husband and I purchased a home in Bavaro last year. Our home will be complete in December/ January time frame. We have a hard move date of May 2025. Looking forward to meeting fellow expats in the area as well as immersing ourselves in the Dominican culture.

Carol y Hector

@carolpuryear

Welcome and hopefully you have someone tracking the progress to meet you hard move in date...hope all goes well.

Welcome to the forums!  Please keep us posted on your progress! And we are here to help when we can.

Thank you both!  And yes, my husband has family that lives in DR  and checks on the progress   We  have also visited several times  during the process. Our builder keeps us up to date at least once per month with a phone call or photos/videos. Our  home is expected to be completed in December. 

@Beverley Joan

Welcome!

I am living in DR with my little yorkie, NIKO.

let's chat.

DM me and we can go from there 😊

Hello everyone, my name is Dean , i'm in the airline industry . I travel frequently to the DR . I like the Punta Cana area . I am looking to buy a villa , i prefer something new and be ready in a year or two.

Welcome Dean!  Lots of threads on here for you to read honey. And I am sure you can help us with info about your industry!

@planner thank you! I am exploring the site.

Hello My name is Randy Tyson I am a newbie to the forum and I am interested of moving to Dominican Republic, well at least preparing, why because for me I want to start a new life, and take many opportunities as possible to reach my goals, hopefully I can I can move there within 4 to 5 years from now, I am currently in the USA right now, If you have any questions or need any more information, feel free to email me at***, I hope to hear you soon, thank you for reading this and I hope you have a great day!

Moderated by Bhavna 2 months ago
Reason : email
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Welcome Randy, we are having your email removed as we don't permit personal contact info on a public forum.

I live in canada. I've been traveling to the Dominican for 34 years. I have many local friends I know my around very good. I plan to retire there in 2 or 3 years.

@Carmelita2.0

So are you enjoying Punta Cana ?

@83goldwing enjoy ! welcome from PA & the beach in New Jersey. we are builibg a place in Cap Cana

@randytyson656 Randy you can ”message” folks and then how you correspond is  up to you 

Welcome new members!!! Lots to read here!

Christine here....  I am 56, divorced and have always dreamed of living somewhere tropical.  I've been to the DR twice (La Romana and Punta Cana).  I look at condos for sale online weekly and hope to make something happen over the next couple of years.  Ideally, purchase a condo that can be rented (when I'm not there) and then to relocate to when I retire.  I am from Massachusetts and would love to speak to people who have made the move.  I have 2 grown sons and I want to be retire to a place I know they'll be happy to come pay dear old Mom a visit :)

I've seen condos in Playa Cofresi that I really like, but I know nothing about the area.

I look forward to future chats!

Chris

@shakumar Hi Christine.  I'm a retiree who moved to the north coast (Sosua-Cabarete) of DR last year.  Buying real estate can be tricky and requires a lot of research.  Start with Facebook, believe it or not.  PM if you want more info or do a general search in the forum for info.  Lots of good info from various folks here.

Welcome!

@SandyS_retired, thanks very much. I really hope to make this a reality and it's so nice to be in contact with someone who's successfully navigated the process!!

Chris