New members of the Germany forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hi all,

Newbie on the Germany forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Germany if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

@Julien I want to go higher in life, I decide to go to Germany and have special training 

@promiseukandu51

Hello and welcome !

What training have you applied for ?

Regards

Bhavna

Hallo, i'm Giulia, i'm29 years old and i'm searching for a rent an apartment a Düsseldorf (mettmann,Erkrath) for me and my boyfriend.

It's urgent.

We need for next month, from 01/02/2024.

The max amount is 750€ with costs.

Thanks

@cerettigiulia94

Hello and welcome !

Can you please post an advert in the Housing in Düsseldorf section of the website so that members can send you offers ?

Thank you in advance

Bhavna

Hallo Dear all,

my name is Behailu, and I am from Ethiopia. I live and work in Ethiopia, I am planning to move with my family to Germany for working and staying there, I have been working in various fields and roles. Having a civil Engineering 1st degree and working in various areas and countries gave the opportunity to enjoy diversity and all adventures travel brings.

I have rich experience in project management with broad knowledge of Finance and IT area. Finding solutions to problem areas and automating tasks is my specialty area which gave me the opportunity to have basic knowledge of programming languages........

I am hoping my next destination would be Dutchland. and I am sure joining this community would help me a lot.

Danke!!!!

@billy1622003

Hello and welcome on board !

For a good start, I would suggest that you read the Living in Germany guide for expatsand that you open a new topic on the Germany forum to seek advice from members of you have any questions.

All the best

Bhavna

@cerettigiulia94

I have a friend if you are interested.

@Bhavna

Thanks I will use the information.

Regards,

Behailu Alemu

@Julien Hi This is Rahul. I would like to move to Germany with a job seeker visa for job hunting. Having a total of 10 years of experience in the healthcare IT field.

@Julien Hi Julien, Sophie here, I run a small English speaking gardening service [link moderated]. Hope your 2024 is going great so far

-Sophie

@easybeeberlin

Hello and welcome on board Sophie !

Please note that members can not promote their services on the forum. You are most welcome to add your services/business in the Business directory.

Should you have any questions about expatriation or just want to interact with members, feel free to have a look at the Germany forum.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello everyone, nice to be here. It will be nice to meetup with nice people and hangout sometime.

@zeenainmanagements Hi nice to meet you

can I ask in which city are you living ?

@Julien

Hi, I'm a philosophy professor at Georgetown University who will spend the 2024–25 academic year in Freiburg, associated with the University of Freiburg. I am married, have an adult son (who will not be traveling with us), and a cat. I've lived in Germany before, in Tübingen, 1997–98.

I don't know if I really count as an expat (or impending expat), since I'll only be in Freiburg for a year. I hope it's okay to be part of this forum.

@BillinFreiburg

Hello and welcome on board !

Indeed, you are an Expat and very much welcome on the website.

Should you have any question, feel free to ask.

All the best in this new chapter

Bhavna

@Bhavna Thank you!

Hi Everyone,

I'm Paul. I've been living in Berlin since 2010. A late dad, with 2 boys and a German wife.

Like the Ramones song, I guess I am meant to be in Berlin.

I'll write more later.

Take care

Hello paulmcmanus27,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f600.svg

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Julien

hey...

i wanna move in germany with my family how can ??

@summayyaaq

Hello and welcome !

Please go through the Living in Germany guide for expats to know how you can move to Germany. You need proper visa (which can be obtained if you land a job).

Regards

Bhavna

@Julien   Hello everyone, I am a newbie and I hope to know more about this city

Hello hegdhbdvdhdnkdd,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f600.svg

What brought you to Germany? Are you studying or working there?

Please feel free to tell us more about yourself and how we can assist you.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Bhaivna I am a truck driver and Crane operator

@Julien my name is Anthony from Kenya I would like to relocate to Germany for work I am a truck driver and Crane operator I have a passport please 🙏 help me

@anthonyndungu867

Hello, Beppi had already guided you : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 25#5777655

Please re read his comment.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi I'm Randy,

Visiting Berlin again after many years.  Looking for people to do sport with, find new adventures.

I have big appetite for life and hoping to find like minded people.

@randymor

Hello and welcome Randy !

Feel free to reach out to members of the Berlin forum.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi All,

I'm here mainly to post queries about Germany on behalf of my brother. I immigrated to the UK more than a decade ago. I help out on another immigration forum for migrants to the UK and can also help out here from time to time.

@4th.magi

Welcome on board !

Hopefully you will receive all the guidance you and your brother need.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien hallo everyone

@wandrawandra

Welcome !

Feel free to introduce yourself.

Regards

Bhavna

@Julien

I am Daniel age 32 years old.

Gender male

Nationality Ghanaian, but currently living Saud Arabia Riyadh. Pass 8 months

Current job title station Agent as customer service staff in railway industry.

I want to move to Germany of new life style

I want you to help with Germany visa

Thank you

Moderated by Bhavna 3 months ago
Reason : Contact and personal details should not be posted on the open forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@danielmanusda2 First and foremost, please do not post your personal contact details on the open forum. It can be abused and is thus forbidden by the forum rules (which you should read!). I have removed them above.

And second, do not ask for visa help on the Internet! There are many people who will scam you out of your money without giving you a visa. And for Germany, the only way to really get a visa is by you yourself applying for it at your nearest German embassy.

Hello

I am Magali. I am a mother.

I am a teacher and I work in Yaoundé in a French School.

My son wants to study in Stuttgart. He wants to find a flat.

What adwice and adresses can he obtain in this town for a student Life and a Job?

Thanks a lot for sharing your expérience !

Magali Zoa Akoa

@mzoaakoa He wants a student life AND a job? The two don't go together!

Students are only allowed to work a limited time per week - not enough to earn a living (that's why they need sufficient money in a blocked account to get the visa!) and some of this time is also reserved for (not or lowly paid) internships and trainings that are part of the university course.

(Note: The money required in a blocked account is only enough for a very basic lifestyle at the poverty line. In reality, he is likely to need more - and that surplus can be earned by having a side job.)

As to finding a place to stay in Stuttgart: Once he has university admission and a student visa, he should try to get a (rare but cheap) place in a student hostel - he should ask the school's student affairs office hoe to apply. If he cannot get one, it will be more difficult and costly - and he can only really start searching for a place to stay when he is here (while staying in a temporary accommodation, like a hotel, for the first weeks or months).

Which university in Stuttgart is he planing to attend? I know some of them and maybe able to tell you more.

Hi.. Im Sehat Tan from Jakarta, Indonesia.

I am new into this group. Am looking a way to find a job in Germany.

My work experience was an accounting/ auditor. Hope to find more insights and infos in this group.

Nice to know you all..

Thanks a lot for thèse informations. He wants to go to thé TU  to learn Technology ti become Ingénierie

@mzoaakoa There is no TU (technological university) in Stuttgart. Do you mean "Hochschule für Technik" (HfT)?

Which subject does he want to study?

@beppi

He wants to study Maschined bau.