Health checks

Hi guy, I have recently been offered a job in malaysia with salary of Rm5000, and from my understanding this application will be filed as Employment Pass cat2.

Are there any medical health check required for this type of visa when I arrive Malaysia or when I leave my country.

What would be checked, blood test, xray and infectious diseases?

Another question would be around living expanses, would RM5000 be sufficient to live a comfortable life there?

Thank you.

Hi,

Congratulations on getting a job role. There's no such medical checkup required

To live in Malaysia, you need to have a monthly salary at least 8-10k MYR. Not sure from which place you are coming here, but in KL the rents are very high. It'll cost you 1500-1600 MYR per month minimum if you would like to take rental house

@Zea134

hi,

Let me give you my personal opinion:

RM5,000.00 pcm (per calendar month) is not a great salary any more. It is above the minimum wage for Malaysia, but still considered in the lower bracket for an expat.

Besides, in recent weeks, the Ringgit Malaysia has come under severe foreign exchange pressure and so you will have to pay much more for imported food items and other foreign goods.

But, in order to give you a more accurate reply to your questions about whether you will be able to live a comfortable life, you will need to provide much more information , eg will you be coming alone or with family, where will your job be located, what type of accommodation will you need (house, condo or just a rented furnished room) etc. This will be your major expense every month (apart from

food) and will leave you with not much more to

live on. Then, depending on where you will

live, transport costs will have to be priced in also. Fortunately, Malaysia is one of the countries where transport, including fuel, is still relatively cheap. Will you want to buy your own car too?

So, you have much to consider before you make your final decision.

Regarding your other questions, eg about health checks, yes, the standard full health check will be required. There are many Agencies that will

provide this service at a local hospital and of course it will include checks such as full blood test, chest x-ray, heart health, diabetes, sugar levels, eye checks,  other common diseases, not sure about COVID.

There will also be security checks, character checks etc.

As far as costs are concerned, you may well have to consider getting Private Medical Insurance

too.

But may I say that Malaysia is a truly lovely and peaceful country to live in, with very friendly people, great food and wonderful weather. I have been a retired ex-pat here for many years and I have no regrets!

Good luck to you, as you consider your career direction.

Here's an updated version:

---

Hey there! There's no strict rule about needing a medical check-up, but it's always a good idea when you're moving to a new country. I usually go to [link moderated] in Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur. It's a very premium clinic with top-notch facilities, and the best part is there's usually less waiting time. They offer a comprehensive full-body check-up, including full-body ultrasound, lung function tests, heart screenings, echocardiogram, stress tests, and blood tests. It's super convenient to get everything done in one place.

As for living expenses, RM5000 should be enough to live comfortably, depending on your lifestyle. Kuala Lumpur offers a variety of living options, from affordable to more upscale. You can find reasonably priced food, transportation, and housing, especially if you're comfortable with local choices. Just budget wisely, and you should be fine!

Hope this helps!