Introducing myself : how to find work online ?

My name is Carmen. I am based in Perth, Western Australia and have spent many years moving back and forwards to Italy for travel, work , holiday.

I was based in London for a long time and have many friends there.

I would like to start working with Italian companies over there and eventually moving so that I can live for 6 months here and 6 months over there.

Looking for work online. Am fluent in Italian.

Open to any recommendations on how to find work on line until I can move.

Kindest regards.

Carmen

Hi Carmen, what line of work are you in? I work for Australian companies from Italy. The only challenge is that my colleagues and clients are online a few hours at the same time as me so I get up at 5am and start work most days at 5.30/6.00am. If you worked for Perth based companies that might work better. It is very difficult to find remote work in Italy unless you work for yourself. Maybe try to find a Perth company who would let you work for them from Italy. If you registered as a tax resident of Italy, you could invoice them from here. Good luck!

Hello Cath,

I am based in Perth. I understand the time difference issues. I used to work for a company here that imported and exported materials from Italy so one would start work emailing etc early in the am and then again after around 4 pm. I cant seem to find Perth based cos but would be super keen to have strong links with italy. I speak fluent italian. Thank you for your suggestion. Which city are you based in?

ps: I work in Legal and Business Affairs - have a legal degree but ideally would love to work in fashion or something else.

Hi Carmen, I'm based on Monopoli, Puglia. This might be a good contact for you: studiolegalemetta they are a legal firm based in Bari but dealing with a lot of English speaking clients

It wouldn't let me post the link but the company name is STUDIO LEGALE METTA in Bari

@catheaphy

thank you . WOuld you recommend living in Lecce?

@catheaphy

Cath -  I don't want to necessarily work as a lawyer. I would rather have business or assist someone who is building or renovating a property in Italy and is not a native speaker say.

Open to ideas. I am looking in the future to spend 6 months in Italy and 6 in Australia.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Kindest regards,

Carmen