Menu
Expat.com

Renewing car documents, i.e. m.o.t. insurance early

Last activity 02 February 2024 by pat law

pat law

Hi Can anyone give me advice on me renewing my m.o.t. and car insurance over a month earlier than its due.  Is this possible...

janemulberry

I know you can book an MOT test at any time you want, but if the test takes place more than a month before the expiry date of your current certificate you lose months as it will be valid for 12 months from the new test date. You'd need to ask your insurer about the insurance. It would probably work the same as the MOT, you can renew early but you'll lose the remaining months on the existing policy.

pat law

Thanks for the reply, you are correct....

Articles to help you in your expat project in Bulgaria

• Driving in Bulgaria
    Driving in Bulgaria

Looking forward to drive during your stay in Bulgaria? Find out how to proceed in this article.

• Giving Birth In Bulgaria
    Giving Birth In Bulgaria

If you find yourself pregnant in Bulgaria, you may be wondering if you will have to head home to have your baby. ...

• Education in Bulgaria
    Education in Bulgaria

Educational Structures and Background:

• Leisure in Bulgaria
    Leisure in Bulgaria

Wondering how to keep yourself busy after work and during week-ends? Here is an overview of leisure activities ...

• Opening a bank account in Bulgaria
    Opening a bank account in Bulgaria

Do you wish to open a bank account in Bulgaria? Find out how to proceed in this article.

• Traveling to Bulgaria with your pet
    Traveling to Bulgaria with your pet

Would you like your pet to accompany you during your trip to Bulgaria? Find out how to proceed in this article.

• Accommodation in Plovdiv
    Accommodation in Plovdiv

Plovdiv is a very popular city with expatriates, more particularly with students. Find out how to find ...

• Living in Bulgaria
    Living in Bulgaria

After living in Bulgaria for several years, I look back on the decision to move abroad. At first there was a ...

All of Bulgaria's guide articles