Riding a Vietnam motorbike into Cambodia

Has anyone here ever ridden their VN-registered motorbike into Cambodia for a visit/holiday and then returned to Vietnam, i.e. used your own transportation to exit and re-enter VN?

Is it possible? If so, what documentation/paperwork is required?

Yeah, a number of times on a Honda Blade, RSX and a Wave. Needed the blue card (wasn't in my name) and my passport. I had a notarized letter for the Blade but they weren't interested. Been across at Ha Tien and Moc Bai.

Big bike, never tried. But was told by a buddy who did a trip, on his Yamaha Versys that he had to do it with his wife, blue card was in her name, and apparently some sort of govt permission document.

So, never an issue with the small local stuff. (150cc)

My knowledge is these 4 border allow with Vietnam motorbike .

1.   Ha Tien Border Crossing

2.   Moc Bai Border

3.   Cửa khẩu Tịnh Biên

4.   Cửa Khẩu Quốc Tế Lệ Thanh

Also, I do have a real, none expiry Viet licence.

Further to earlier reply. And from Gearhead. Vn website

Link: https://gearhead.vn/category/through-the-visor/

You now must have the Cross Border Transport Permit

@MyGuess

For old Detech crap bike? Haha

What was required:

Blue book and a bill of sale.

This was crossing at Ha Tien on 150 cc bike.

Nothing required . If they even ask for the blue card I would be surprised . Moc Bai and the one in the Mekong Delta anyway.

@MyGuess why post a link to someone who know sfa about this country ?

Further to earlier reply. And from Gearhead. Vn website
Link: https://gearhead.vn/category/through-the-visor/

You now must have the Cross Border Transport Permit

-@MyGuess

This thread is about crossing into Cambodia, so your clickbait about crossing into Laos is off topic.

Are you the blog owner?

Currently at Trapang Phlong boarder crossing and we are not allowed to exit Vietnam with the motorcycle that we bought in ho chi Minh, despite the fact that it has a blue card (it's not in my name though). We were told by the shop that we bought it, that it shouldn't be a problem. We also have the selling contract between the previous owner and me. Anyone that has similar experience? We are now thinking of trying the Moc Bai boarder. What do you think?

Currently at Trapang Phlong boarder crossing and we are not allowed to exit Vietnam with the motorcycle that we bought in ho chi Minh, despite the fact that it has a blue card (it's not in my name though). We were told by the shop that we bought it, that it shouldn't be a problem. We also have the selling contract between the previous owner and me. Anyone that has similar experience? We are now thinking of trying the Moc Bai boarder. What do you think?        -@george3appak

When you say you are not being permitted to exit Vietnam with the motorcycle, is it the VN border officers at Xa Mat (VN) stopping you from exiting with it, or is it the border officers at Trapang Phlong (CAM) refusing you entry with the bike? Also, what kind of "motorcycle" (size, value)?

@OceanBeach92107

Nah. It was a link I had saved on a Google sheet.

Looks to have been updated.

I'm certain it "was"  about Cambodia checkpoints.

It clearly isn't now. Stand corrected.

A friend of mine sent this message recently:

"I just heard last night through (name withheld to protect the innocent) that Cambodia is refusing all entry of MC (this means motorcycles) from Vietnam effective March 1st. I don't know if it applies to just foreigners or also Viets too."