Menu
Expat.com

Borders blocked today

Last activity 13 February 2024 by Cheryl

mickeyhart

Hope none of you lot are coming in today. Theres a proper circus with farmers and anti euro *** blocking the roads.

https://www.novinite.com/articles/22411 … r+Crossing

https://www.novinite.com/articles/22411 … Referendum

Moderated by Bhavna 8 months ago
Reason : unsuitable for the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
JimJ

@mickeyhart

That's just one border crossing - and Bulgaria is a democracy where people are permitted to demonstrate in support of their livelihoods, regardless of what *** foreigners may think about it ....1f644.svg

Moderated by Cheryl 8 months ago
Reason : Inappropriate.
georgewheelwright

@mickeyhart Farmers the world over are standing up against the globalist attack on food production,,Who needs the crops they grow? US !! Control the food Control the people!! Well done Bulgaria farmers !!

GuestPoster491

A reminder please as there have been some inappropriate comments made already, Expat.com is not the place to discuss political issues or opinions on the public forums.  It leads to arguments and name calling which isn't needed here. 

If comments cannot be respectful and helpful, the topic will likely be closed by the administrators.

Romaniac

adardom

I'd say keep the topic, a lot of it is pertinent info, just remind folks to be civil to each other.

Jules999

Completely agree with George and adardom.

Adriana Petrova

The farmers are right, it is unreasonable and humiliating to grow stuff and the government to keep importing and buying the Ukranian ones. Our soil is good and fertile, the Bulgarians have been feeding from this land for thousand of years and now they want to throw the farmers investments and efforts away

JimJ

@Adriana Petrova

Of course, the other side of that coin is the results of the commercial farmers' labours these days are too often watery and tasteless. If you don't have friends or relations who grow the old varieties of fruit and vegetables which actually have taste and flavour in their own gardens then you can't eat well any more.

There's also another dimension: whether we like it or not, there's a war going on in Europe and people are dying in the defence of democracy and freedom as we speak; we just carry on with the petty worries of our everyday life as though it's nothing to do with us, forgetting that the Russian army was here not so long ago. We owe it to Ukraine to support them as well as our farmers - they're fighting for us just as much as themselves.

And Bulgarians haven't been here "thousands of years", let alone feeding themselves from their agriculture....

georgewheelwright

@JimJ This is not the place for world politics but the common perception of Ukraine being a democracy up against the might of Russia is a western MSM controlled narrative that is far from the truth.

HelenDinBG

@mickeyhart
That's just one border crossing - and Bulgaria is a democracy where people are permitted to demonstrate in support of their livelihoods, regardless of what *** foreigners may think about it ....1f644.svg-@JimJ

It’s more than one crossing, and it will put extra pressure on the ones that aren’t blocked, which are slow and chaotic at the best of times

georgewheelwright

@JimJ ***

Moderated by Bhavna 8 months ago
Reason : Information should be verified
JimJ

@JimJ This is not the place for world politics but the common perception of Ukraine being a democracy up against the might of Russia is a western MSM controlled narrative that is far from the truth.

-@georgewheelwright

My bad - I forgot to put my tin-foil hat on before my last post; I'll try to remember next time.  Please tell Чичо Владимир that I send my regards. 1f642.svg

Jules999

@JimJ

https://rumble.com/v4c9xte-the-vladimir … -live.html

You may find this interview interesting, straight from the horse's mouth.... It might even alter your perception!

mickeyhart

@HelenDinBG nailed it Helen its more than one border it was on Nova TV.

It was just a heads up for anyone on the move to Bulgaria.

Cheryl

Hello everyone,

Please note that we will undergo a review, which means it will be closed until we have finished.

Thank you,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in Bulgaria

• Giving Birth In Bulgaria
    Giving Birth In Bulgaria

If you find yourself pregnant in Bulgaria, you may be wondering if you will have to head home to have your baby. ...

• Education in Bulgaria
    Education in Bulgaria

Educational Structures and Background:

• Leisure in Bulgaria
    Leisure in Bulgaria

Wondering how to keep yourself busy after work and during week-ends? Here is an overview of leisure activities ...

• Opening a bank account in Bulgaria
    Opening a bank account in Bulgaria

Do you wish to open a bank account in Bulgaria? Find out how to proceed in this article.

• Traveling to Bulgaria with your pet
    Traveling to Bulgaria with your pet

Would you like your pet to accompany you during your trip to Bulgaria? Find out how to proceed in this article.

• Accommodation in Plovdiv
    Accommodation in Plovdiv

Plovdiv is a very popular city with expatriates, more particularly with students. Find out how to find ...

• Living in Bulgaria
    Living in Bulgaria

After living in Bulgaria for several years, I look back on the decision to move abroad. At first there was a ...

• Moving to Bulgaria
    Moving to Bulgaria

With rising costs of living, falling house prices, lack of mortgage lending and increasing social and economic ...

All of Bulgaria's guide articles