Bank Account

Is it easy  to open up a bank account in Siem Reap for American expats?If I am to relocate there a likely a option to consider long term.

I think it's pretty easy. I have an account on ABA bank. It took me about 20 minutes. Need to have your passport and long term visa. Some people have had problems with ABA. I had none. There are other banks as well. I make a lot of use of paying with the mobile app. Personally think their mobile app is excellent. You can use the app in lieu of the debit card at atms to withdraw cash. QR code scanning to pay really nice. Other banks do this too.

The more info I find on relocating and living in Cambodia the better it seems with less of a hassel on so many things  than many of other S.E. Asian nations.Some seem to be very bureaucratic.

Just wondering if I can collect my monthly Social Security via an account with ABA in Cambodia?

Yes you can however with all the bureaucracy and paper work it could be months. Go into Social Security youtube address and they have a drop down box you could choose wherever country you want transfer. But be aware it could be months or maybe not!!!

@Dianne BrownThank you, in the meantiime I should just continue with my present U.S. bank until.