Uk spouse Visa questions

My husband (currently living in the USA) will be submitting his spouse visa application to join me in the Uk in early March we are completing the applications ourselves without a solicitor so have a few questions.

1. We got married in January 2024 will be providing our marriage certificate. This shows my husbands full name and my full name with maiden name. I am currently in the process of changing my name however not everything has changed yet therefore some documents from before name change e.g payslips, passport and bank statements show my maiden name. However more recent documents show my married name e.g landlord letter, letter from employer etc. Will this be ok as we have put in the box for extra information that in the process of name change and passport will be changed in april 2024?

2. When asked for sponsor family name i have put my married name as this is the name on most up to date documents is this correct despite passport being in maiden name ?

3. My husband and I have been dating for 7 years online however did not meet in person until 2022 due to covid though a trip had been planned since 2019 it was delayed due to the pandemic. We have explained this in our supporting letter as to why the trip was delayed. To show extended relationship we have got screenshots of messages 3 per month for the last year. And random for years before e.g messages when husband was in hospital. Messages planning the trip. Discussions during covid etc. How many of these would you say would be needed to show long lasting relationships as we dont have any pictures together prior to october 2022.

4. For proof of accomodation we plan to stay with my parent initially. We have a copy of tenancy. Letter from landlord stating rent is paid, size of home, wont be overcrowded, how long parent has lived here and i have also and that they are happy for my husband to live here. Also got a letter from my parent saying they are happy for us to live here. Would we need anything else?

Thank you in advance for the help if anyone has any other tips for the application it is appreciated.

@SRVR2901

Hi,

I have never changed my name to my husband's name and never had a problem when applying for Visa.

Also regarding proof of relationship that is the most important point to prove genuine marriage. Do you have maybe screenshots of videocalls?

Sorry for the rest I'm not sure as I applied as a EU member it's a bit different.

Good luck!