Family Reunion visa

Please after the embassy called me for a written interview and submission of missing documents are they going to call my spouse after for an interview there in Belgium?

Yes they do.

Sometimes they do, sometimes no. Only time will tell. They work in mysterious ways :)

@Aneesh very true but i applied from Berlin to join my husband but they didnt call me for an interview and they told they need me to come for an interview only when my visa will be granted . i will need to come to collect it

Hello everyone!!

I am currently in the process of applying for a reunification visa, and I have encountered a situation regarding my husband's marital status that I would appreciate some guidance on.

Background:

I submitted my visa application in late January.

All documents are in order, but the Embassy has requested that my husband's status be updated to "married" before proceeding.

Current Situation:

We have already submitted the request to update his status at the city hall, and it was sent to Brussels about a month ago.

Questions:

Has anyone else experienced a similar requirement for a reunification visa?

If so, did you also need to update your spouse's marital status, and how did you handle it?

How long did it take for the status update to be processed in Brussels?

Any insights or advice on navigating this process would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hello,

Once we got married my spouse went to commune and submitted of which a document was given to him after a week that's what was sent to me to add to my application before submitting.

@nadeshn updates I applied 1st February 2024

Documents were sent to home office  22 feb

Application appeared on Ibz website  Treatment  on the 22nd of March .

@nadeshn is your p an Eu citizen or a non Eu citizine

I applied on 23 january my documents where sent to home office on 31 January application appeared  on Ibz on 22 feb  still waiting   

@agahozo2madine he is an Eu citizen

@agahozo2madine does it still appear waiting this march? Mine is showing en traitement

And mine its still in treatment but may be my status will change in april

Please anyone know if they call the sponsor for interview before the visa shows in process on the ibz or it shows in processing before they call

Please anyone know if they call the sponsor for interview before the visa shows in process on the ibz or it shows in processing before they call

@nadeshn

We never had interview. Not from embassy and not from the police..

Hello eveyone , i am in process of family reunification. They asked us for extra document in March. I  managed to collect everything. I am sending everything hopefully we hear good news. they are asking extra document regarding my husband finance .

I hope it a yes it been 4 year trying to join my husband.

@Divina243 congratulations in advance

Updates

Applied 1st of Feb

Oral interview 15 Feb

Sent to home office

Appeared on dfi 23 March

FINALLY IT WAS ACCORD 29 April .