Teaching in Belize

Are Special Education teachers needed in Belize?

I don't know specifically. In ge neral, it is possible but not easy to get permission to work in  a foreign country. Belize is like every other country in that respect. They want to be sure good jobs go to Belizeans.

I have an employment visa. It was not simple, and I work for a gov't agency. The gist of it is, my position had gone a couple of years with active searches and no qualified candidates applied. The employer pays $3000 and there's a lot of forms to fill in and chair queues to sit in. You need simultaneous agreement from Ministry of Rural Transformation/Labor, Immigration, Social Security Board, and the Tax office.

It would be a lot smoother to do the digital nomad routine, live in Belize long enough to get permanent residence, and then seek work.

My hunch is there's a big need for Spec Ed teachers, because there's a big need everywhere, right? My other hunch is that the schools that need them don't have a lot of resources to devote to sponsoring a work permit. These are hunches...

Teach online. I do! No permit required. Anyways, teaching positions here are underpaid. You don't want to do that.