Menu
Expat.com

Dolna Lipnitsa - what is it like

Last activity 30 June 2024 by ButterMyPaws19

rjburns

Hi We are coming out to Bulgaria to look at properties. What is it like living in Dolna Lipnitsa ? Are there buses to Pavelikeni at all? We would really appreciate any thought or comments

Kath948381

I know someone who lives over that way, I believe that the water is a bit on or off most of the time so a place with a well would be a good idea and I don't think that they have a bus service either, but lots of Brits living around the area.

rjburns

Thats really helpful We heard about the water outages so have looked at places with wells. i think you are right about the buses. They seem to have a bus stand/stop but no evidence on line of buses !!

JimJ

There's at least one "colourful character" living there......1f644.svg

https://btvnovinite.bg/amp/predavania/t … pnica.html

Kath948381

I personally would look at other places . I've heard a lot of negative stuff about the number of Brits that live in the area, the lack of a consistent water supply and the lack of  a bus service. I have heard that I'd have got more for my money  in that area but as I'm getting on now the price isn't everything. I'm living a bus ride away from a busy airport , in the centre of a village with many shops with a bus service , so while I used to yearn for " the good life" experience on the whole I'm better off were I am and my friend who lives in Dolna Lipnitsa agrees with me.

gwynj

Veliko Tarnovo (city and province) has been very popular with expats for many years. We have friends who live in a nearby village (Stefan Stambolovo) and they are very happy up there. There's some pretty countryside and VT city (which is a great place) is not far away.

Dolna Lipnitsa is on a fairly busy road between Pavlikeni and Polski Trambesh, so I'd guess there are buses. Polski Trambesh is a bit closer, but Pavlikeni has a T Market.

There are other villages on that road, and nearby, so Dolna Lipnitsa isn't your only option.

It's quite rural with lots of small villages, and Pavlikeni/Polski Trambesh are not that big (population just over 10k). So we felt like we were out in the sticks. :-) It depends a lot on how close to civilization you want/need to be. Our village house is 10km to Kazanlak which is more like 70k with Lidl and Kaufland supermarkets and many other facilities. We're a 10-minute drive to Lidl, which is a 30-minute bus ride plus a 10-minute walk. As it's close, a taxi back is 10 lv.

Separately, there is a big motorway project up in there which has been going on for years (A2 Sofia-Varna). I believe it will pass through VT a bit south of Dolna Lipnitsa. I'd guess completion of the motorway will help the area.

rjburns

@Kath948381

Really good to know the pros and cons Kath

rjburns

@gwynj

thank you so much for such a comprehensive response - has really helped our thinking. We going to look at some of the other villages  along the main  road.

rjburns

1f62f.svg@JimJ

gonegirl

@Kath948381

Hi can you say where you are? I am coming on my own so trying to ensure I’m not totally cut off!!

janemulberry

@gonegirl

Kath is down in the south east, near Burgas.

Kath948381

Yes I am thank you Jane I'm in a village in the Pomorie municipality. Gonegirl

Kath948381

But I know someone who lives in that village and she's not had water for a while but wants to wash her throws.  Thankfully I don't have that sort of problem that much here and I've also got a couple of buses going through the village during week days unlike my friend.

doreenherrfurth

Hello @rjburns, we live in Dolna Lipnitsa and there is a bus two times a week to Pavlikeni. You can also go with bike to the next village( 1 km) and go with a bus to Polski Trumbesh. But I dont know witch time yet. I want to fi d out for me as well. The water situation is very different in the village, it depends on where you live. We have got water most of the time. Maybe ones a week/ month it is off for 3 ours. But a well is a very good idea. If you have any questions, ask. Greetings

ButterMyPaws19

@doreenherrfurth  Hi Doreen, nice to see you are here in this group. ❤️ We are still planning on moving out but having problems getting back to Bulgaria to look for a property 🤦‍♀️

Articles to help you in your expat project in Bulgaria

• Giving Birth In Bulgaria
    Giving Birth In Bulgaria

If you find yourself pregnant in Bulgaria, you may be wondering if you will have to head home to have your baby. ...

• Education in Bulgaria
    Education in Bulgaria

Educational Structures and Background:

• Leisure in Bulgaria
    Leisure in Bulgaria

Wondering how to keep yourself busy after work and during week-ends? Here is an overview of leisure activities ...

• Opening a bank account in Bulgaria
    Opening a bank account in Bulgaria

Do you wish to open a bank account in Bulgaria? Find out how to proceed in this article.

• Traveling to Bulgaria with your pet
    Traveling to Bulgaria with your pet

Would you like your pet to accompany you during your trip to Bulgaria? Find out how to proceed in this article.

• Accommodation in Plovdiv
    Accommodation in Plovdiv

Plovdiv is a very popular city with expatriates, more particularly with students. Find out how to find ...

• Living in Bulgaria
    Living in Bulgaria

After living in Bulgaria for several years, I look back on the decision to move abroad. At first there was a ...

• Moving to Bulgaria
    Moving to Bulgaria

With rising costs of living, falling house prices, lack of mortgage lending and increasing social and economic ...

All of Bulgaria's guide articles