Menu
Expat.com

Wife's Visa - Need information about documents

Last activity 09 September 2024 by tabrez162002

hmdr7

I need to bring my wife over here permanently and wanted to know if any one know the proper procedure. I am a project engineer and I can't do it through the Asher portal so I need to do it the old fashioned way by taking an appointment through istaqdam.

Here is where I need your help. I need to figure out which documents are required.

I was told I need

CR copy

GOSI salary certificate ( but for some reason by gosi profile is just blank. It doesn't show which company I work for or has any other information when I log in)

Istaqdam form ( This needs to be attested from Chamber of commerce by my company?)

My degree + arabic translation (do they need to see the saudi culture bureau stamps? because those are not on my degree but rather the equivalence certificate I have)

Marraige certificate + Arabic translation ( Do I need this attested from Saudi Ministry of foreign affairs? If so whats the procedure)

Any other documents I need?

Edgar II

You need:

Absher Appointment for Istiqdam

copy of the marriage contract with translation

Fill out the form for the request to bring residents for their families (arabic)

A letter of express approval from the sponsor to recruit, indicating the monthly income (certified by the Chamber of Commerce in the region to which the office in which the application is submitted is affiliated).

Copy of Iqama (bring the original for verification).

passport copy.

A copy of the educational qualification (bring the original for verification). with translation

Copy of birth certificates for children, in case they are requested to be recruited.

A copy of the passports of the persons to be recruited. 

Pay 2k from Bank - Alien Importation

hmdr7

@Edgar II Thanks for the answer. I was told I need GOSI certificate as well? Is that not the case?

Edgar II

@hmdr7 Not included in the list from Absher. Istiqdam didn't looked for it when I applied mine. If you are an Engineer, don't you need SCE Membership?

Ashish Sharma76

Hi @hmdr7 - is there requirement of saudi culture attestation on degree or apostille attestation also works.

hmdr7

@Edgar II  How long ago did you apply for your wife?

and for SCE membership, yes its required for Engineer. We need an Istaqdam letter that can be printed out from the SCE profile. I already have that.

hmdr7

@Ashish Sharma76    I am not sure. Its because my degree has an equivalence certificate which was stamped by Saudi Culture bureau instead of stamping the actual degree itself. I am attaching that with the documents as well as an Arabic translation of it for good measure.

Edgar II

@hmdr7 Just last December 2023. We just got the Iqamas this March 2024 for the family.

hdemloj

Team,

Is it possible to take an appointment through Absher?  I have been trying to get an appointment with Jeddah Istiqdam over the past weeks but I coudln't.  It shows that there is no schedule as of yet.  How can I do that?

Ashish Sharma76

@hmdr7 thank you for your response.

Update- I got the yellow slip basis apostille attestation and SOCPA membership certificate. Saudi culture is no more mandatory for dependent iqama.

tabrez162002

@Ashish Sharma76

do we need to apostille the marriage certificate and Birth certificate.

or only copy of marriage certificate and Birth certificate is enough. do they ask original of it.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles